Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about trying a magnetic pin in my frontier back blade. It would be for the angle adjustment, instead of the stock pin and r clip. Has anyone tried this? I use the back blade for snow removal on my 1025r.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Never tried one. Will be following see if anyone has. Keep us posted if you try one.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I’m thinking about trying a magnetic pin in my frontier back blade. It would be for the angle adjustment, instead of the stock pin and r clip. Has anyone tried this? I use the back blade for snow removal on my 1025r.
Don’t think you’d actually need the r clip on the pin you have now … 🤔
I have (I think) the same back blade as you, and the pin without the clip has never jumped out of the holes in three years of using the blade …

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
I meant to do the same and pick one up for my rear blade. Thanks for the reminder (y)

Edit: Well crap, the fiche says it's a 3/4" diameter pin, but all the magnetic ones I'm finding are 1/2".

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
How do they work?
There is a magnet (the silver part in the pic) that holds the pin in place. It's Deere part LP63768. Available at Home Depot for $14.99. For you Walmart shoppers the cost will be $21.99.:) And online the greenpartstore price is $18.99. May not be the same one as OP wrote about, but at least you can get the idea of how they work.
Audio equipment Material property Gadget Font Electronic device

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s exactly what I was thinking. My pin for the angle adjustment is 1/2 in.
I will pick one up in the morning and try it. I’ll post my results when I get a chance to use the back blade. Need snow

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I have a couple of the pins and they work great. Never a problem.

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
That’s exactly what I was thinking. My pin for the angle adjustment is 1/2 in.
I will pick one up in the morning and try it. I’ll post my results when I get a chance to use the back blade. Need snow
Just pulled and measured mine, it’s 3/4”.
Mine is a 72” blade, is yours a 60?
Maybe that’s the difference, but the fiche shows the same pin for 60/72/84.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just pulled and measured mine, it’s 3/4”.
Mine is a 72” blade, is yours a 60?
Maybe that’s the difference, but the fiche shows the same pin for 60/72/84.
Are you talking Micro Fiche? Is that still a thing? You a dealer parts guy or something?

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
Are you talking Micro Fiche? Is that still a thing? You a dealer parts guy or something?
I work in the powersports industry. About 20 years ago our manufacturers finally made the transition from actual microfiche to electronic parts diagrams… we just never stopped referring to the diagrams as fiche. I guess it just shows my age, like somebody who grew up with VHS saying they “taped” a show, even though it’s all digital now.

And thank you Picasso, for specifying it’s the 2060L model. The L is lighter weight and that’s why it has the smaller pin, Confirmed on the online parts diagram :p it’s still so much easier to just say fiche LOL

·
Premium Member
17,246 Posts
I work in the powersports industry. About 20 years ago our manufacturers finally made the transition from actual microfiche to electronic parts diagrams… we just never stopped referring to the diagrams as fiche. I guess it just shows my age, like somebody who grew up with VHS saying they “taped” a show, even though it’s all digital now.

And thank you Picasso, for specifying it’s the 2060L model. The L is lighter weight and that’s why it has the smaller pin, Confirmed on the online parts diagram :p it’s still so much easier to just say fiche LOL
I remember when our company made the transition from printed paper parts books TO microfiche and we were all like "The future is now!".

Signed: Even Older Guy :)

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, here’s the deal. The magnetic hitch pin won’t work, because the shaft length is not long enough. It is 4 inches from magnet base to tip. Need more like 5 inches. So….. I’ll find something else.
a company called Good vibrations makes a pin that has little wings that spring out. It would work great, but not sure how it would hold up because it is hollow and the mechanism is inside the shaft. I would think it would bend or break over time.

·
Premium Member
14,206 Posts
Don’t think you’d actually need the r clip on the pin you have now … 🤔
I have (I think) the same back blade as you, and the pin without the clip has never jumped out of the holes in three years of using the blade …
I gotta agree with @Gwizz

If you still what something to keep the pin from coming out but hate the spring clip, maybe you could use a small diameter lynch pin in place of the spring clip.

White Bicycle part Rim Auto part Circle

I have used these on several pins that I don't want to deal with the spring clips.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I remember when our company made the transition from printed paper parts books TO microfiche and we were all like "The future is now!".

Signed: Even Older Guy :)
And I remember when computers were room sized and used punch cards. I also watched Hopalong Cassidy on a Dumont TV.

Signed the way older guy.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Well, here’s the deal. The magnetic hitch pin won’t work, because the shaft length is not long enough. It is 4 inches from magnet base to tip. Need more like 5 inches. So….. I’ll find something else.
a company called Good vibrations makes a pin that has little wings that spring out. It would work great, but not sure how it would hold up because it is hollow and the mechanism is inside the shaft. I would think it would bend or break over time.
I tried a couple of those. They bend, rust, and become useless.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.