Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
There have been kub**a ads on here too, according to some members. I used to whitelist GTT on my adblocker but ever since VS took over I have it blacklisted-no ads for me.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
A few members on here are "non Deere Owners" and several have a Deere and something else. I see nothing wrong with other manufactures advertising here. It helps support the forums.

·
Registered
715 Posts
99% of the time there is no actual relationship between advertiser and website. The website puts placeholders on the site which are linked to a broker. The broker fills those spaces with advertisements. Often, they are able to target the site with ads that might appeal to the sites audience (e.g. GTT and tractors/equipment). They can then charge a premium to the advertiser since the click-through's are worth more. The website receives a fee for views and click through's.

Al

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
A few members on here are "non Deere Owners" and several have a Deere and something else. I see nothing wrong with other manufactures advertising here. It helps support the forums.
I agree, plus knowledge is power. I use an ad blocker so I never see any ads.

Happy Holiday, DrifterBike......Hope you are having a good holiday season with your family, I haven't been running into you much lately on GTT and glad to see you.....My sincere best wishes for a Healthy, Happy, Prosperous and Productive New year......:good2:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
99% of the time there is no actual relationship between advertiser and website. The website puts placeholders on the site which are linked to a broker. The broker fills those spaces with advertisements. Often, they are able to target the site with ads that might appeal to the sites audience (e.g. GTT and tractors/equipment). They can then charge a premium to the advertiser since the click-through's are worth more. The website receives a fee for views and click through's.

Al
It's actually even more intrusive that you let on...

If you go to a site like Amazon and search for a specific item like an Instant Pot, your browser remembers that information based on cookies that are set from Amazon. When you go to other sites that are tied in with the advertising, you very likely will see ads for Instant Pot in other locations on the web.

With that in mind, we have to wonder what @1025RTLB was looking at before coming to GTT where he saw that ad... :knownothing::quiet::lol:

·
Administrator
17,075 Posts
Some of the block adds on GTT are (or where anyway) rented from a company called "AGHUB", they sell advertising to various companies. The same adds will run on many forums at the same time, so the Kubota guys on OTT were probably seeing the red tractors too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts