2,561 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Reactions: JD4044M

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
We did talk about them here, but I’m not aware of anybody on GTT that has bought one. You could be the first.....

Roxor (Mahindra Jeep)?

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
Have you priced one?
when i did back a few yrs ago-they was right around what jd wanted for my 835r --and-and i got a roof and heater, A/C with mine.:lol:

u can't run them legally on the road either--so..............too old not to have a full cab with heat and such.

the one ATV SHOP still has a few sitting out front yet.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hummmm could be a collectors item, might need a custom machine shop to support

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
The size, leaf spring suspension, & price turned me off. I would also want the option automatic and a roof.
If I wanted something that big, I would look for used JEEP from somewhere RUST is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You can find old good running jeeps or even Suzuki Samurai or GEO Tracker for much cheaper is my guess. I am thinking the government is going to kill off that vehicle due to how close it looks to the jeep.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
You can find old good running jeeps or even Suzuki Samurai or GEO Tracker for much cheaper is my guess. I am thinking the government is going to kill off that vehicle due to how close it looks to the jeep.
More theft of intellectual property by a Indian company. Just as bad as the Chinese.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I saw these things too. Total design rip-off! Owning a Jeep myself... i would just search for an older used jeep to beat around the property on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
More theft of intellectual property by a Indian company. Just as bad as the Chinese.
You may want to double check this. These Roxor's have been around for quite awhile overseas. I remember seeing them when I was still active on JeepForum, etc. It's my understanding that the Indians had a license from Jeep at one time to produce them. I think the license went back MANY years. I don't know if FCA is honoring the license over in India still or just fighting having them distributed in the US.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You may want to double check this. These Roxor's have been around for quite awhile overseas. I remember seeing them when I was still active on JeepForum, etc. It's my understanding that the Indians had a license from Jeep at one time to produce them. I think the license went back MANY years. I don't know if FCA is honoring the license over in India still or just fighting having them distributed in the US.
From what I have been told Mahindra built jeeps for our government back when the Jeep was still a military vehicle. There was a number of companies that built the military Jeep. The Roxor is more like jeeps pre dating the cj 5. It’s marketed as a utv. But it’s more of a suv. If I could make it street legal in Wisconsin I would consider buying one to use as a hunting vehicle. I think you can get one for about 25 - 30k. Which is about what the fancy sxs’s are selling for .

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
You are correct. The license goes back to the Willys Overland days... circa 1947.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Heres some info.. This guy has a pair that have been for sale the last few months

Not mine...just posting what is in the link.:flag_of_truce:

Mahindra Roxor alternative:Jeep CJ3B Diesel - cars trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Why consider an off-road-only Roxor when you can have this real deal CJ3B for less? Offered for your consideration is a Japanese domestic market Mitsubishi J53 Jeep. Essentially a Jeep CJ3B, these were originally produced under license from Willys Jeep by Mitsubishi for the Japanese civil defense force beginning in 1953 and later produced for civilian consumption. This right hand drive Jeep is powered by a 4cyl Mitsubishi 4DR6 2.7 L turbodiesel motor said to produce 100HP and 153 LB/FT of torque. With only 32K miles, this motor is just getting broken in. The drive train features Dana 30 and 44 front and rear differentials and a Mitsubishi 4 speed transmission. The electrical system is 24V. This vehicle has zero comfort and convenience features. If you’re unfamiliar, go here: ALL ABOUT THE JEEPS | Paladintrucks
I acquired this rig in June 2018 through a Japanese auction with the help of a local agent. It is believed to be in original condition but for modified (beefier) leaf springs and shackles. It arrived with 32 in. MT tires with ample clearance for larger. I replaced the 15 year old tires with 29 in. Goodyear ATs for better on-road handling. (The speedometer is in KM and is calibrated for the 32” tires) The winch did not come with a controller but Warn advises a replacement is available. The driver’s seat is an aftermarket AAR articulating unit. The AM radio is inoperative. Included are a new black Bimini top and a Bestop full top and doors new in the box. It also has a pintle hook hitch if you need to pull your adventure trailer.
This Jeep is cool and unique. It will cruise at 60mph if you must, but if you're looking for a highway commuter this isn't for you. I am selling because shortly after acquiring it my wife decided she wanted horses, so I bought a pickup and have not been driving the Jeep.
Serious buyers only. Price is negotiable and offers will be considered if your research doesn’t convince you the under $13K is quite reasonable. I don't need help selling. Anything other than a cash transaction will be completed at your bank or credit union. Please email or text. I get too many junk phone calls to answer a number I don't recognize. Jeep, CJ, CJ3B, Roxor, Willys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts