Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the main JD parts look-up page isn't working? This seem to start over the weekend and is still having problems as of a few minutes ago. I have short cuts to the newer parts pages that are working.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
The legacy parts system is slated to go away. Maybe there are implementing that now?

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
The links that Stan put in go direct to the new parts catalog.

Is the legacy system you're talking about the old catalog?

I always log in so that I can get prices also.

·
Registered
23,319 Posts
The links that Stan put in go direct to the new parts catalog.

Is the legacy system you're talking about the old catalog?

I always log in so that I can get prices also.
Ahh - prices. I usually write my part numbers down and go to GFP to see.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The legacy parts system is slated to go away. Maybe there are implementing that now?
I initially thought that too but I've played with it a bit this afternoon and the problem only occurs if you initially select Agriculture. If you select Lawn and Garden it works as it should. Even stranger is I don't know why JD even has you make the selection as regardless of whether you initially choose Agriculture or Lawn and Garden you have access to the same parts sections.

So for now... the fix is simply to choose Lawn and Garden and then proceed as you normally would.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
I have had it book marked for a long time and go directly to the parts catalog, I used it several times tonight and it works fine. Going through the Deere website is always an experience and seems like it is always changing and often. Not the actual parts site, but the process to get there, which I why I bookmarked and ignore the JD website and pages..........

The parts guy told me that Deere keeps telling them they are going to discontinue the "old site" but he said he has heard that for over a year and it's still working. Hope it continues as I prefer the site which has been around and unchanged for several years. I can find my way around the new site, it's just not as efficient for me. Apparently, some people were complaining about having to select among all of the equipment choices mixed together........Such troubles......:dunno:

I know I like the old Technical Service Manual layout and writing style MUCH BETTER than the new style and layout. Hey, if it works and the people who use it are happy and familiar with it, PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE, mother Deere.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
I like the old site better also. But, I remember the switch from paper catalogs to microfiche was a difficult change to make. Finally, we just took all of the catalogs off of the counter to force people to use the microfiche viewer.

·
Administrator
18,545 Posts
My main issue with the new parts system is the inability to save pictures and copy/paste parts lists so I can post them on the forums to help people. You are forced to take screenshots and often can’t get everything in one grab.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts