Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys as detailed as I am? I keep my maintenance logs on an excel spread sheet. Works pretty well for me. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I've got the equivalent of your specs sheet and lots of little pages with info on stuff (viscosity, hydraulic symbols, specifications for implements).

For maintenance, I scan in any invoice for oil, filters, etc and keep that. All that is just in case I had to sell something. I have thought about a text document that I would just jot down what I did and when, less formal than your spreadsheet but it would be good to have.

Being suitably inspired, after I submit this reply I'll create the maintenance log file. :good2:

Pete

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wish I was that organized but I am not. I spent the better part of the day with four battery chargers topping everything off. Replaced three older batteries in the service trucks that are for auxillary use. Made sure I had rv antifreeze in the power washer and camper. Gathered up all the snow chains and put them in the trucks. Changed the gear oil in the outboard's foot. Getting ready for freezing weather here tommorow night.

Wish I were organized enough to have a pm schedule on the computer.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Nice spreadsheet Randy. A friend of mine with an offbeat sense of humor used to keep spreadsheets on how many haircuts he got in a year, amount of poop each dog produced, and other silly things.

I do like EEPETE does and scan my stuff into a PDF file.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice spreadsheet Randy. A friend of mine with an offbeat sense of humor used to keep spreadsheets on how many haircuts he got in a year, amount of poop each dog produced, and other silly things.

I do like EEPETE does and scan my stuff into a PDF file.
Well, I don't get that radical, but I do use the format for my cars and implements as well.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice sheet! I am going to mod it for my 4520 and use it. Most of my other tractors have a paper log for oil changes and maint.
Excellent, I was hoping someone could use it also. Notice there are three different tabs (sheets) to the workbook.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's another

I get accused of being somewhat OCD but, I am learning not to rely on memory for when I did what and why. So I adapted this one from a car maint log. The headings, etc can be made into anything that fits your application. Just need a little (very little) Excel know-how. Keep it in my shop, pencil in new stuff, then transfer it to computer when I have time to neaten it up a bit. Hope this attaches OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the copy I posted I deleted most of what I have for how things were going at the time I did the maint. Didn't want to bore everyone with all my details but you can widen out that section as far as you need. I usually put in quantities of any fluids I add so I can tell if there is a trend. When the tractor was new I knew that as things got the air worked out of them there would be some needed. Now it is mostly just a matter of verifying that everything was checked over and reminding of what all should be checked. I still add or delete columns as something new comes to light. Look forward to seeing other's ideas so I can steal them!:tongue:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get accused of being somewhat OCD but, I am learning not to rely on memory for when I did what and why. So I adapted this one from a car maint log. The headings, etc can be made into anything that fits your application. Just need a little (very little) Excel know-how. Keep it in my shop, pencil in new stuff, then transfer it to computer when I have time to neaten it up a bit. Hope this attaches OK.
:good2::good2: Excellent, thanks for sharing. It is nice to see a different twist on this. I too started mine from car maintenence logs. Not only is Excel good for modification but sorting as well. Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'll turn my maintenance chores and record keeping over to Randy and Deputy.
Sorry, I missed it where we volunteered. Oh, are you offering compensation?:mocking:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are any of you guys as detailed as I am? I keep my maintenance logs on an excel spread sheet. Works pretty well for me. What do you think?
Wow! Anyone have one of these for a 1025r?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, it should be pretty simple just to take copy of this and modify it to your needs.

Then, repost here for others to use. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Based off of Randy's log I started creating for mine, stripped my VIN numbers out for you though.

Also been adding a bunch of part numbers. Just started yesterday so not a lot has been done yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you. :good2:

·
Registered
437 Posts
:thumbup1gif: I'm just smart enough to know I suffer from CRS and have a paper in the garage to write down anything I've done to the tractor or it's implements, then transfer those to a spread sheet.
View attachment 35847 View attachment 35848

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good! I'm not the only one with the psychological issues. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts