Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my busted old garage. It stores 2 cars at the moment. But it needs to store 2 trucks and a 1025R. Plus my wife wants a second bathroom in the house. So I'm going to go about doing that.
DSC_3646.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,138 Posts
This is my busted old garage. It stores 2 cars at the moment. But it needs to store 2 trucks and a 1025R. Plus my wife wants a second bathroom in the house. So I'm going to go about doing that.
View attachment 156385
What you want to park the new tractor in the garage ? NO problem leave yours wife vehicle parked outside.:lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
He'll need this for when he adds the port-a-pot.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Add a little over the width of a 1025R to the front of the garage. Used a borrowed 260 to do it.
DSC_3705.jpg

Put the new foundation in. Then ripped the the front of the building off while waiting for the town to come inspect. Like all over New England, there is buried treasure all over. I had to dig through what was probably the the house's original chimney buried under the driveway.
DSC_3781.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts
Boy that was fast kitfox. :lol:
Good idea and looks good, a win for sure. :good2: Looking forward to followups.

For the record, I thought etcallhome's comment was inappropriate.:lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My neighbor threw the new front on the garage while I was at my day job. Pretty nice coming home to progress. :)

I insulated the foundation with 2" Foamular before backfilling. Had to do it in the rain at night, so I didn't bother with pictures.
DSC_3787.jpg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Looking good. Now blow out the back of the garage for your work shop.:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Navigating treacherous mountain passes with Hot Wheels while waiting for the foundation/footings inspection.
View attachment 156554

Sadly, a few of those cars became part of the fill. :(
In a few hundred years someone will dig them up and sell them on the open market and make tons of money. Think of it as you making someone rich in the future. :laugh:

Things are coming together and looking good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then the cement floor needed to be broken up. The 1025R H120 didn't have the muscle to break the cement, but it could lift it just barely with a curl. A sledge hammer broke it up into 1025R size pieces.
DSC_3916.jpg
Many many trips to the dump with this undersize trailer.
DSC_3952.jpg
Now time to start replacing the foundation.
DSC_3975.jpg

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Rent a chipping hammer, aka jack hammer. They come in a variety of sizes and power sources. I'd get a mid-sized electric one. They rent for about $50-70 around here. Even Home depot rents them.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
I'm scheming on how to remove this large piece of granite today. I'm open to suggestions. Wifey says controlled detonations are out.
View attachment 156778

How does wifey feel about uncontrolled detonations? How are you supposed to have fun doing this if you can't blow anything up? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I'm scheming on how to remove this large piece of granite today. I'm open to suggestions. Wifey says controlled detonations are out.
View attachment 156778
"Swim that hammer, break that rock..."

:laugh:

Rental jackhammer is good, or a hammer drill and a series of very close together holes.

·
Premium Member
14,138 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts
How does wifey feel about uncontrolled detonations? How are you supposed to have fun doing this if you can't blow anything up? :laugh:
I've used gun powder from a .35 caliber bullet and an older type camera flash bulb, such as these...

sylvania blue dot lampen.jpg

Drill a bulb size hole in the rock about 10" or so deep (depending on rock size), add gun powder to hole, hook the bub to two long wires, lower bulb into hole, cover hole (a small mattress works good), stand back, hit the bulb wires with 12 volts. After small pop remove covering and remove broken rock. Repeat if necessary.

Edit: BTW, you didn't hear it from me.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,424 Posts
I've used gun powder from a .35 caliber bullet and an older type camera flash bulb, such as these...

View attachment 156794

Drill a bulb size hole in the rock about 10" or so deep (depending on rock size), add gun powder to hole, hook the bub to two long wires, lower bulb into hole, cover hole (a small mattress works good), stand back, hit the bulb wires with 12 volts. After small pop remove covering and remove broken rock. Repeat if necessary.

Edit: BTW, you didn't hear it from me.
:lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts