Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent about 2 hours Saturday night (very late) making some of my implemments I match compatable. Most were very, very simple. I have a subsoiler and a Middle buster that I am unsure about.

The top hook in the imatch will contactt he part that attaches tot he triangle just below the top link pin.

How have you guys made these Imatch?

Grass Wood

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Brian, Can you mount a bracket in front of the original pin location for the upper hook to connect too. Of course you would have to shorten your top link a bit to get it back to position. I have a spreader I have the same issue with. I have worked out the mod but, am not very happy with it. Still have the thinking cap on.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With my current toplink issue, it would not work. I plan to fix that, but I can not answer if that would work or not until I get it set up. I would pretty much have to weld on the bracket and pin area out front? I wish there was something that did not change the angle so bad.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Is there enough room for the top link hook to fit on the top pin and clear the "shank"?
If so, I'd probably just torch off the bottom plate of the toplink and weld a plate on the back side.

If not, I'd make new "extender" brackets and weld em on to move all the pins 2/3" closer to the "tractor side"....

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Any new developments, how's the engineering going?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been at a stand still due to time. I need to get my new toplink IF I go how it has been suggested here. My current does not angle forward enough.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have run across this same problem before and as was suggested earlier I cut out what is interferring and add a gusset plate behind the hook to reinforce the top of the 3 pt tree. Nothing sacred about an implement to me I want it to work with the IMatch setup.

I should add that none of the changes to IMatch have eliminated using with a conventional setup other than the adaptors would need removing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It looks like the part he would have to cut is a major structural piece in the implement. Not sure if I would recommend cutting that.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Sadly the design of the implement doesn't lend itself to a clean conversion. What others have said before is the only thing I can come up with. That's my gripe with the Deere iMatch in that the top hook is fixed, which is why I went with the Land Pride quick-hitch. If your top hook was adjustable, you could do something similar to the brackets I made for my ballast box.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sadly the design of the implement doesn't lend itself to a clean conversion. What others have said before is the only thing I can come up with. That's my gripe with the Deere iMatch in that the top hook is fixed, which is why I went with the Land Pride quick-hitch. If your top hook was adjustable, you could do something similar to the brackets I made for my ballast box.
I've heard that before...but doesnt the fact you gotta adjust/change/etc.. the top hook for every implement negate the fact its a quick hitch? For that reason I see no need in the adjustable top link.... I think the adjustable top link leads to confusion in the 3pt QH Marketplace....I "busted" my dad for doing this...he had a HF quick hitch and was modifying all his implements to fit it...well, I soon found out that he was making his implements to the "HF" standard...his QH top link was set to something like 16" (True ASAE Standard is 15")....so he is spending time modifing his attachements and if he chaged to a ASAE Quick Hitch, he'd have to do it all over again....AND his attachments wouldnt fit my or my brothers iMatch....And I havent even brought up the fact that some QH's dont utilize the ASAE Specs.

The LP unit you have is ASAE Spec correct?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Dave:

I see your point; but I can adjust the QH's top hook in a couple of minutes as I have a chart on the QH telling me which hole combinations to use for each implement. Fortunately most of my stuff uses the same combination. The ballast box is a notable exception as its a pre-iMatch Deere box. With my bad back, adjusting the hook as needed is trivial compared to attaching implements without a QH. However; for giggles I ponder an electro-mechanical top hook adjustment just to be clever. Mind you, that's just for pondering.

I ASSume the LP QH is manufactured to ASAE specs, since LP makes good stuff.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I ASSume the LP QH is manufactured to ASAE specs, since LP makes good stuff.
I agree....I would be suprised if its not.

I like the idea of your electromechanical top hook...I dont have a bad back but growing up with a father with one, I cant say I'd want one...its definetly tough. I hear ya, the only attachment I have thats not iMatch compatible is my tiller...I CADed out a set of brackets to convert it and had them Plasma-CAM'ed...theyre sitting in a cardboard box in my garage.... I cant wait to convert it. I HATE hooking it up the old fashioned style.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I have the LP quick hitches and they attach to my Deere ballast box and box blade without any mods. They are great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I fabbed-up a combination trailer hitch/quick hitch adapter for my non-iMatch compatible items (KK carryall and rake).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Looks good Runner.:good2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, Randy.

Actually, I've now made two of these that are identical. I found that I use the carryall so much, I just leave one on there all the time. Probably should just modify the carryall mounting points and be done with it, and I probably will at some point.

The other one, I keep free for trailer hitch, landscape rake or boom pole service.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
What about cutting out the cross-piece that is causing the grief, and putting a new one that is lower (and wider, obviously), so the top hook will clear??

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Thanks, Randy.

Actually, I've now made two of these that are identical. I found that I use the carryall so much, I just leave one on there all the time. Probably should just modify the carryall mounting points and be done with it, and I probably will at some point.

The other one, I keep free for trailer hitch, landscape rake or boom pole service.
OOOOOHH, all painted and pretty. :laugh: I think you found something that solves your problem. Jer has an idea that would work also. You can always up0grade later if you feel the need too. Isn't it great to have options.:good2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
"What about cutting out the cross-piece that is causing the grief, and putting a new one that is lower (and wider, obviously), so the top hook will clear??"

The problem wasn't just with the top hook. The spacing of the lower pins was wrong too. The adapter takes care of both problems.

Your point is well taken though, might as well just mod the rake/carryall and be done with it. If/when I get a plasma cutter, that will probably happen....

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I have the same issue with my spreader. It is a cat. 0 (I need cat. 1) and not quick hitch compatiable. I have done some mods on it to work but, I am not happy with it. Another project at another time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts