Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How sad:

A 76-year-old Jay man is dead this afternoon after his tractor ran over him while teaching his wife how to operate the farm equipment.
Pronounced dead at 2:15 p.m., on Sat., Sept. 27, at the Grove Emergency Room, is Joel Gene Dearrington, who died of massive injuries.

According to Oklahoma State Highway Patrolman Heath Linn's accident report, Dearrington was showing his wife, Martina J. Dearrington, 72, how to operate the tractor with a brush hog attached behind. For an unknown reason the clutch was released, allowing the tractor tire and the brush hog to run over her husband.

The couple were at their residence located 3.5 miles and 1 mile south of Jay in a field. The accident accured at 1:24 p.m., according to the trooper's report.

Jay man dies from tractor accident - News - GrandLakeNews

·
Super Moderator
4,895 Posts
I hate to read that sort of story but I always appreciate people posting them. These "toys" we play with can be dangerous and an occasional reminder to "play safe" is a good thing.

We had one a couple of weeks ago not to far from me.

Stow orchard worker hurt in tractor accident
Carver Hill Orchard owner seriously injured
Published 4:15 PM EDT Sep 13, 2014

STOW, Mass. —An orchard worker in Stow was seriously injured Saturday after a tractor rolled over on top of him, police said.

The owner of Carver Hill Orchard was medflighted to a Boston hospital after the accident at about 11 a.m.

He was using the tractor to tow a forklift when the strap used for towing snapped and the tractor fell backwards, landing on top of him.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating, police said.

Read more: Stow orchard worker hurt in tractor accident | Local News - WCVB Home

I've looked a couple of times to find out how the guy is doing but haven't found any follow-up to the original story.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
So very sad, and hard to read. Thanks for posting. Maybe it will serve as a reminder, and save someone else from the heartache.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Prayers to all involved! Sorry to hear!

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts