Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I'm no advocating the use of a front end loader to lift humans, we all know they are not made for that and do not include the needed safeties for that use. However, we all know we do things "outside of the box" sometimes to make our lives easier, and we understand the risks involved in these decisions. We are all adults here right? So if this post offends you, just don't read it, thanks!

I've wanted to make a man lift basket for awhile now, been looking for old IBC totes to use the frame but they are always $75.00 or more, plus they would need lots of mods to make it functional, and they are bulky to store. Uses would be putting Christmas lights, tree trimming, gutter cleaning, ect.

So, recently, near the end of THIS THREAD, @BOBL posted a link to an inexpensive basket made for forklifts, it seemed "cheap" at $182.99 with "free" shipping, and I really liked that it folded for storage, it's only 6-3/4" tall, and weighs only 76 pounds. Here is the link at Vevor: 36''x29'' Forklift Work Platform Safety Cage Aerial Work Durable Platform

Ordering was painless, but some internet searching about "Vevor" had me a bit worried, but I received an order confirmation right away, and a FedEx tracking number a few hours later. It was delivered today, 6 days later.

The box was beat up some, and there wasn't much in the way of packing material, it had a few bumps and bruises but nothing that would hinder the function.

Initial inspection of welds looked typical of Chinese made things, maybe the Titan welders work at his plant too 😁 Paint was in decent shape, but far from perfect.

Here it is folded, yes only 6-3/4" tall. Not the included "tool basket" that's included:

Once unfolded the three sides lock together with what I'd call sliding gate latches, one worked and locked smoothly, the other will need some "adjustment". I also noted it was actually 36" x 36". not the 29" x 36" in the description on the website or the box itself. It includes three separate chains and size carabiners, two for the "door" and one to secure the frame to the fork frame so it can't slide off, these will need to be cut to length, the door ones are about a foot to long.

Overall, I'd grade it a a solid C+ for fit/finish, and solid B+ for function.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm no advocating the use of a front end loader to lift humans, we all know they are not made for that and do not include the needed safeties for that use. However, we all know we do things "outside of the box" sometimes to make our lives easier, and we understand the risks involved in these decisions. We are all adults here right? So if this post offends you, just don't read it, thanks!

I've wanted to make a man lift basket for awhile now, been looking for old IBC totes to use the frame but they are always $75.00 or more, plus they would need lots of mods to make it functional, and they are bulky to store. Uses would be putting Christmas lights, tree trimming, gutter cleaning, ect.

So, recently, near the end of THIS THREAD, @BOBL posted a link to an inexpensive basket made for forklifts, it seemed "cheap" at $182.99 with "free" shipping, and I really liked that it folded for storage, it's only 6-3/4" tall, and weighs only 76 pounds. Here is the link at Vevor: 36''x29'' Forklift Work Platform Safety Cage Aerial Work Durable Platform

Ordering was painless, but some internet searching about "Vevor" had me a bit worried, but I received an order confirmation right away, and a FedEx tracking number a few hours later. It was delivered today, 6 days later.

The box was beat up some, and there wasn't much in the way of packing material, it had a few bumps and bruises but nothing that would hinder the function.

View attachment 780056

View attachment 780055

Initial inspection of welds looked typical of Chinese made things, maybe the Titan welders work at his plant too 😁 Paint was in decent shape, but far from perfect.
View attachment 780058

View attachment 780059

Here it is folded, yes only 6-3/4" tall. Not the included "tool basket" that's included:
View attachment 780060

Once unfolded the three sides lock together with what I'd call sliding gate latches, one worked and locked smoothly, the other will need some "adjustment". I also noted it was actually 36" x 36". not the 29" x 36" in the description on the website or the box itself. It includes three separate chains and size carabiners, two for the "door" and one to secure the frame to the fork frame so it can't slide off, these will need to be cut to length, the door ones are about a foot to long.

View attachment 780061

View attachment 780062

View attachment 780063

View attachment 780064

View attachment 780065

I have the exact product, works great .. and safe. A little heavy to pick up and move once you fold it up,,, but a great asset. I use it all he time.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I think my wife would dump me out on purpose :LOL:

I like it. Looks functional for 183$ and if I had more flat ground I might would use it. Plus the whole teaching my wife to lift and curl down at the same time is a big no.

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
I think my wife would dump me out on purpose :LOL:

I like it. Looks functional for 183$ and if I had more flat ground I might would use it. Plus the whole teaching my wife to lift and curl down at the same time is a big no.
Put the wife in the basket!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
She's too smart for that 🤣 We have trust issues at our house :LOL:

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
A little heavy to pick up and move once you fold it up
Could some casters or small wheels be added on one side to aid in moving it around?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been thinking about one of these for awhile. My concern is having my wife operate the SCV to raise it with me in it. Has anyone used something like this by raising it and then using a ladder to enter the cage?. I would keep the tractor running, lock the brakes and chock the wheels. It seems like having a platform to work from would be better than working from the ladder.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could some casters or small wheels be added on one side to aid in moving it around?
Maybe, for me though I'll just collapse it and "fork" it on the pallet shelving for storage, no manhandling the manlift at all 😁

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I have been thinking about one of these for awhile. My concern is having my wife operate the SCV to raise it with me in it. Has anyone used something like this by raising it and then using a ladder to enter the cage?. I would keep the tractor running, lock the brakes and chock the wheels. It seems like having a platform to work from would be better than working from the ladder.
No, as far as the ladder thing goes, you may as well use a ladder! Hassel big time.

·
Registered
306 Posts

View attachment 780056

View attachment 780055

View attachment 780058

View attachment 780059

View attachment 780060

View attachment 780061

View attachment 780062

View attachment 780063

View attachment 780064

View attachment 780065

Looks identical to the one Titan sells, but for less cash...

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I pick it up to the storage point. but's heavy. for a 67 year old.. I do see the need a roller and a couple of rollers isn't a bad idea. Thanks for the idea..

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would think collapsed, one could fork it up on a shelf out of the way fairly easily. Looks like it could be pretty handy. Be great for trimming tree branches..!

For less than 2 bills, looks like it would be worth trying out. I'll be curious to your review after using it @Kennyd

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be curious to your review after using it @Kennyd
I can't see the review changing, it doesn't really "do" anything but gives you a place to stand. Now if I fall out and break my arm? It might change 😂

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
Sure! You could easily put four casters on the bottom and it would not effect functionality. But most folks will probably want to stand it on end when not in use.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
I can't see the review changing, it doesn't really "do" anything but gives you a place to stand. Now if I fall out and break my arm? It might change 😂
Don't do that. 🤣

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
They used to have a model with casters on it already.

Nice job Kenny, and thanks. Mine is supposed to arrive this coming Friday, but that's the day of my 2nd cancer operation. And if you got the tool thing and a 36x36 for the same price as the smaller one I'm going to whine like hell after paying more for the same thing.

I'm going to have my wife train with a bucket of water until she doesn't spill any.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts