Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a trailer mounted manlift/bucket? Pics?

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
The local rent-a-center has a couple models. I think they are around $130 for the day. I think the smallest one goes up to around 27 ft. I can't imagine many folks own their own unless they really have a regular use for them as they are very expensive.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Rented a 55' one last year to remove 6 dead ash trees that the wood bores killed. They are actually quite sturdy once set up. I was surprised. If you have uneven ground it is the way to go as you can set the legs out to level the unit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, between trimming trees, washing windows, caulking battens, fixing leaky roofs, pointing the chimneys, I have a need for one. Older I get the more dangerous ladders become!
Rented a Genie tow behind last year. 365$/day or 750$ per week. No brainer- rented for the week. Wow. Can't imagine painting or hanging siding any other way!.
The tow behinds are expensive. And they are powered by batteries which run about 500$ each.
Next option would be a used boom truck. I have seen these for sale for 3000-5000$ at auction. Don't want to have to register it, get insurance on it, blah, blah.
The other day saw a 40 footer mounted on a trailer. Built in gas generator. 5000$ on CL.
Got me thinking how cool. Shove it off into the woods, use it whenever.

Need other stuff first........

·
Registered
438 Posts
Got me thinking how cool. Shove it off into the woods, use it whenever.

Need other stuff first........
Deer stand...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts