Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a low hour 2016 X758. I am trying to get a owners and technical manual. Does anyone know the part numbers for the manuals?
I usually try to order my Deere parts on GreenPartsStore.com, but I can't seem to find where they would be located on their online site.

·
Premium Member
15,296 Posts
You can download an Owner's Manual for free and purchase a Technical Manual at the link below. Be sure to choose the correct S/N range for your machine.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is the shop manual and owners manual...pretty pricey for the shop manual alone! $170.00
But must have's
20210322_120507.jpg
20210322_114753_compress54.jpg
if you do your own work.

Reactions: wh5208speed

·
Registered
280 Posts
I paid cash for the x758 tractor and plenty of accessories..they wouldn't even throw in the shop manual !🤨

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I paid cash for the x758 tractor and plenty of accessories..they wouldn't even throw in the shop manual !🤨

Most people don't buy the technical manual.

Also most people don't do their own technical work. They gave "A Guy" that does it for them.

The folks on this forum are the exception not the rule.

Reactions: Sergeant

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know most people don't use factory manuals:) ....
I do and have at least a hundred of them.
They let me work smart.
More people should use them. They would have the right info at hand when needed.

Reactions: Sergeant

·
Registered
280 Posts
Covid times make it a lot tougher.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
280 Posts
Supposedly for tractors (SN. 040001-) .
I had the dealer order mine back in September for a new 2020 tractor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered mine. Will be interested to see what the technical manual looks like as I have only had owner's manuals in the past.

·
Premium Member
15,296 Posts
Just ordered mine. Will be interested to see what the technical manual looks like as I have only had owner's manuals in the past.
You may be somewhat disappointed - especially given what they charge for it. While it is a necessary manual if you plan to do any non-routine service yourself, the manuals are quite lacking. It seems like they go out of their way to NOT mention anything in the Technical Manual that is in the Operator's Manual. Likewise, they won't mention things in the Operator's Manual that is in the Technical Manual. They aren't like a Chilton manual where it tells you exactly how to perform a remove and replacement. It's called a Technical Manual instead of a Service Manual for a reason. It is very heavy on theory of operation and it assumes you already know HOW to take things apart and put it back together. It's like it was written for trained JD techs who just need a reference manual. The worst part is the index and table of contents... they are almost useless. The most common things seem to have no mention at all in the index. That is one reason I opted for the CDROM version (which is the same as the download version). It contains a single PDF document which is searchable to find mention of the items you are looking for.

Reactions: farmer52
1 - 13 of 13 Posts