Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 model 345. Thankfully this model does not have that horrendous fuel shut-off solenoid on the carb. Do you think it would be beneficial to add a manual fuel shut off valve downstream of the fuel filter as close to the carburetor as practical? I have no flooding issues now. Still concerned about their history for fire.....although I did change out the fuel pump with the newer model with the routed drain hose. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
1996 model 345. Thankfully this model does not have that horrendous fuel shut-off solenoid on the carb. Do you think it would be beneficial to add a manual fuel shut off valve downstream of the fuel filter as close to the carburetor as practical? I have no flooding issues now. Still concerned about their history for fire.....although I did change out the fuel pump with the newer model with the routed drain hose. Thanks.
Personally I wouldn't worry about putting one on. You fixed the fire issue with the overflow hose.
Back in the carb days every vehicle had a mechanical pump on the engine. It's amazing more didn't burn.

The only good reason to add one would be. So you could run the carb dry before storage. Kind of like a generator or snow blower.

Does your engine back fire when you shut it down?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
No, no backfire.
That's amazing. The fuel shut off solenoid is meant to stop backfiring when you turn the engine off. The B&S single cylinder on my old L108 didn't have one. That engine backfired religiously on shutdown. Soon as the un burned fuel hit the hot muffler. PUH-POW! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts