Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first thing I did when I got both of my tractors was to remove the slow moving vehicle sign (SMV) and the container for the manual from the ROPS. I found they were more of a hinderance than a help. First, I really believe the manual should be stored more properly and not all rolled up. Second, the SMV sign was just in the way. I found that I have SMV signs on all of my attachments, as the sign should be the most farthest back anyway. Problem is what to do when there is not attachment on the machine. Here is my solution, I made a bracket for the sign to be attached to my quick hitch hooks. The sign just slips on and off the hook.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Someone's having toooooo much fun with their new milling machine :good2:.

Nice idea. The whole SMV sign thing seems to be an afterthought with most manufactures.

Pete

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not really a fan of the manual tubes myself. Going to take mine off next weekend and use the location to mount a fire extinguisher.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone's having toooooo much fun with their new milling machine :good2:.

Pete
:lol::lol::lol:

Sure beats hacksaw and a file. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I think the first order of business would be to have you do the floorplan on my shop!

...And then you can be in charge of making sure we don't run out of drink umbrellas and hula dancers. :cheers:
What's the pay, any beni's?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Well, I think the first order of business would be to have you do the floorplan on my shop!

...And then you can be in charge of making sure we don't run out of drink umbrellas and hula dancers. :cheers:
Hula dancers?....how much? what options?
dangit...I just got the tracking number on my order.So its too late for me. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Very, Very nice job Randy.

All the compacts with a cab come with a removable "quick tach" SMV sign. The pictures of mine are attached.

Also, anyone who wants to make thier SMV sign a quick tach and does not have the skills or tools Randy has, can go to TSC and buy thier system for 6 bucks.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/agriculture-farming-ranching/tractor-tune-up-repair/tractor-paint-safety-emblems-decals/tractor-safety-emblems/slow-moving-vehicle-emblem-hardware-2800008
These brackets haven't changed since I last saw them in Vermontville Michigan around '65 or '66 when the state started requiring them on all farm equipment on the road. The signs then were metal. Boy how did I remember that?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Aint it something,when you can remember something trivial 50 years ago...but when it comes to anniversaries whooboy:nunu: DAMHIKT

and I cant remember what I had for breakfast.....

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where was it located Randy? On the 4320 it is on the back of the seat and particularly out of the way, imo.
Wayne, the SMV and the maunal canister were mounted on the ROPS. In my case it (SMV sign) obstructed the view of rear attachment operation as well as it got in my way of mounting my tool box on the 2520. Just got in the way of my view for the 2305. The seats already have a pretty Deere logo on it and the 2520 has a toolbox mounted just behind the seat.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts