1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would have one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
We wanted one of those for nearly 25 years, don't need one now.
They sure a nice. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Not mentioning names, but there may be a manure spreader or two on this forum.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Not mentioning names, but there may be a manure spreader or two on this forum.:laugh:
:lol::lol:
In all fairness dieselshadow has a lot of good input.:lol:

Kennyd made me do it.

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Would love one but don't have any of that kind of manure to go in it. :laugh:

Reactions: grnspot110

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know anything about that particular spreader but I have an old John Deere L and a New Holland 155. Couple of tips however, always drive into the wind. Don't worry if you forget because it won't take long to see your error and regret it. As temping as it is to overfill them don't because I've had them jam up or break a cog and unloading by hand is not a pleasant experience. Most importantly take care of it because it is the one piece of equipment NO manufacturer will stand behind.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
:lol::lol:
In all fairness dieselshadow has a lot of good input.:lol:

Kennyd made me do it.
diesel wasn't one of the names that came to mind when I made the original comment.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
diesel wasn't one of the names that came to mind when I made the original comment.:laugh:
Spoken like a true friend. Thanks Doc. :drinks:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have an old John Deere L and a New Holland 155. Couple of tips however, As temping as it is to overfill them don't because I've had them jam up or break a cog and unloading by hand is not a pleasant experience.
I'm not sure what your definition of "Over-Filling" is, but We ALWAYS heaped up Dad's old JD R spreader as high as we could front-to-back, depending on what the composition of the manure was. Wasn't unusual for there to be more manure ABOVE the sides of the box than was IN the box. The R was similar to the L spreader, just about 10% longer, still ground driven, and in all the years I used that thing it never gave me a second's problem. Only thing I would have liked was a WIDER spreader, like the JD #44 the neighbor I worked for had a pair of. Bet they held twice as much as our R, meaning half as many loads, half the time spent hauling. I heaped them up too, and they were both trouble-free. They were PTO driven.

Dad told me he had problems with the R spreader when he first got it, corn cobs getting between the floor and the draper chain knocking the chain off the drive pulleys. No shoveling required. Just unhook the spreader, tip it over with the loader, completely over, wheels, side, top, side, back on it's wheels, hook up spreader and take up to the yard to wash off & repair. Dad ended up cutting the floor off about an inch or two, solved the problem. We raised a load of cattle, 35-40 head every year and between 600 and 800 head of market hogs every year. We hauled a LOT of manure every winter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I filled the JD L high enough that it plugged up between the brace that goes across the top and the top beater. Didn't take to many times of that to not let it happen again. It was more wet hay that mostly plugged it up though. I then had a cog break that runs the beaters and had to shovel off by hand. I don't like to fill the New Holland very full either because it doesn't have the rear tailgate and leaks out back and is harder on the floor chains.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418095114.592806.jpg

Well there she is ... This is an awesome implement!!!

ABI Classic Spreader

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Cool...please give us a report/specifics on it when you get a chance. I've seen several ABI videos and have been tempted to buy from them myself. I just haven't heard any feedback from those that had purchased from them....as for as price, build quality, customer satisfaction..etc. They sure have some compelling videos and sounds like they do things right :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
bhill, Curious myself as to how well it works for ya.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Here's an old model manure-spreader, still in use today. :laugh:
:lol:
Bill...I think you could post up most politicians pictures. It might overpower the server though. But...you did pick one of the top models...that's for dang sure.:lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Cool...please give us a report/specifics on it when you get a chance. I've seen several ABI videos and have been tempted to buy from them myself. I just haven't heard any feedback from those that had purchased from them....as for as price, build quality, customer satisfaction..etc. They sure have some compelling videos and sounds like they do things right :thumbup1gif:
I have only had the chance to use the spreader three times, today will be the fourth. I'm very pleased with the quality, design and function of the implement. All components are very straight forward, the designers certainly did not over think the machine.

The customer service is top notch from my experience. The company has an impressive service department from what I can tell.

I purchased this unit used; albeit only once or twice. I can roll this machine by hand in to my garden shed which is a huge plus.

I have looked ay Millcreek and other manufactures , what really sold me was the welded box and frame and the poly lumber floor. Most other manufactures use galvanized sheet metal that is bolted together, whereas this unit is welded.

I really believe the proof is in the pudding- or in this case the weight of this unit vs other manufactures. This unit is solid well built and should last for along time.

As far as price, no doubt these are spendy, this unit was 3,100.00. With a used purchase I saved around 1200.00 in shipping and accessories- but the warranty only protects the original purchaser. However with the design and quality of the build, I felt comfortable with a used purchase.

Highly recommended !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts