Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have ordered a new1026R tractor, so am not going to be able to use my JD Cat 0, 3-point hitch, 2000 rpm, finish mower... perhaps someone knows where to find out roughly what the going market price might be for this still very solid mower? This is a 1984 mower; heavy duty; still lots of life left in it. I realize it would have to sold locally (here in eastern Nebraska)... too heavy to ship.

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
I'm not sure what the market is for that, but can it be sold with the old tractor?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Gary,

Don't be so quick to sell. That cat 0 mower will be able to be used. The 1026R is not that different from my 2305 and I can use cat 0 and cat 1 stuff on it. The reason I know is I have a cat 0 spreader and it works just fine on my 2305. Now on the other hand, the only way you will be able to use a cat 0 implement with a cat 1 quick is to modify. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
Gary,

Don't be so quick to sell. That cat 0 mower will be able to be used. The 1026R is not that different from my 2305 and I can use cat 0 and cat 1 stuff on it. The reason I know is I have a cat 0 spreader and it works just fine on my 2305. Now on the other hand, the only way you will be able to use a cat 0 implement with a cat 1 quick is to modify. :thumbup1gif:
Randy, it's the 2000 RPM that the deal killer for this mower working on his new tractor.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
AAhhhh, thanks Ken, I sure blew that one. :laugh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cat 0, 2000 rpm, counterclockwise PTO

Randy, it's the 2000 RPM that the deal killer for this mower working on his new tractor.
Yes... this is the deal killer, as you refer to it... and, the PTO (standing behind the tractor/mower) runs counterclockwise (i.e. same direction as the engine)...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Universal joint cannot be repaired or replaced on the tractor

I'm not sure what the market is for that, but can it be sold with the old tractor?
Actually, the problem is the cross (caps, bearings) is worn out for the universal joint that I had been using with this Satoh Beaver S-370... to run the mower, and the rotary tiller, too... and, cannot find parts. It is an 18-spleen PTO shaft... perhaps an older Japanese standard??

Do have the SAE 6-spleen adapter for the tractor, so can buy a universal joint ... problem is, the adapter reverses the PTO ... so it now runs clockwise (viewed from behind the mower/tractor)...

That JD finish mower (Cat 0, 2000 rpm) needs a counterclockwise input on the PTO...

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts