Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the beautiful new 2520 along with its autonomous mowing attachment, the X324, which arrived late on Saturday. Compared to the zippy 2305, this machine is more like a big loafing great dane so we're calling it Marmaduke.

It's an absolute sweetheart of a tractor, but I am so glad that we decided not to try to mow with it. The thing leaves its mark wherever it goes and it would have decimated our already pathetic lawn.

The direct injection diesel engine purrs with the most beautiful rhythm and just chugs along like a tug boat wherever she goes. The hydraulic action is just like a big extension of my hand.

I haven't had much seat time yet, but so far she's fitting like a glove.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Very cool Chris :good2: The only thing better than one new tractor being delivered is two!

Don't forget to edit that signature...

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ken,

With the cost of the 62D mowing deck and all of the auxiliary parts needed, getting the X324 became an easy decision. Its four wheel steering is stunning. That thing will get around anything. It's already been commandeered by me lady for doing yard work and that's just fine with me.

Oh, and thanks for the signature reminder. Done.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Chris, looks like the easter bunny came early this year. The Marmaduke name is certainly different. Not sure I would have come up with that one. So what do you call the little fella? I have names for mine as well, 2305 is Bambi and the 2520 is Buck.:lol: Great looking equipment, thanks for the post.

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Randy,

I'm letting her come up with the name for the 324, though I've already vetoed "Daisy". There's no way I'm riding anything named Daisy, ha ha. Of course, this excludes Daisy Duke, which was where "Daisy" came from but it's still a no go.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hey Randy,

I'm letting her come up with the name for the 324, though I've already vetoed "Daisy". There's no way I'm riding anything named Daisy, ha ha. Of course, this excludes Daisy Duke, which was where "Daisy" came from but it's still a no go.
You could always drive "Ms. Daisy" ;-)

sent from the road

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some time has passed and she just loves driving that thing around. She hooked on our little dump trailer which has gone unused for two years plus since we had the old 318. It even had a flat tire and was only being used for winter storage of hoses and yard bits. She tugs the thing all over and tends to all of the spring cleanup, planting flowers, etc. so I'm weakening on my resistance to "Daisy" especially since I haven't even had to sit on it once since it was delivered. And for some reason, it's now seeming more fitting - Marma-Duke & Daisy-Duke. With any luck, she'll be so possessive that I won't have to mow the lawn either but I know that won't happen.

Jeez, this is a tractor forum and here I am talking about names. Yikes!

To change the subject, here are a few new pics of the 2520 making an "impression". The hole of the last photo was a standing oak just one hour earlier. It's hard to tell by the photo of the hole, but it is about 4ft deep and on a very steep slope. I wish that I'd had a little more seat time on the 2520 before attempting this one but all ended well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I have names for mine as well, 2305 is Bambi and the 2520 is Buck.
My two are named Bambi and Thumper.

And for some reason, it's now seeming more fitting - Mama-Duke & Daisy-Duke.
I like the names and your Marmaduke will be cheaper to feed than the cartoon character one.

Have fun and stay safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts