Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone not to far from me is selling the mf 540. Does anyone know what a fair price for one of these is ? Also wondering if it's size compatible with my 1025.

Tnx,
Don

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fm 540 bb

He's asking $450

image.jpeg

·
Registered
386 Posts
For comparison I have a 5 ft County Line blade that is a Tartar Gate made blade and is about 410 lbs. My 1025R handles it no problem.

·
Registered
469 Posts

I bought a used Massey 550 for $350 from an implement dealer. If it had been private party it likely would have been less.
It is 60" wide with 5 scarifier teeth.

I wouldn't really consider it quickhitch ready. The lower points are designed for a removable pin. (I placed the old ear where it was before I cut it off.)

This is what it looks like now with the ear removed and the remaining tab welded to the support for strength. I also used cat 2 pins as they fit better in my Harbor Freight quickhitch.

Don't know what it weighs but it works well for ballast when using the FEL
I am happy with how well it works behind my 1025r. I can overload it and stall the tractor if I want to......so I don't. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why did you cut the ear off? It's a much stronger design with it.
You are correct.
Problem was the space between was too narrow for my quick hitch to fit. I considered just reattaching it abut an inch further out but found it to work fine without.
I also considered cutting off the inside ear instead which was not as "beefy" but that would have required remounting the upper supports too. I still may add a gusset to the inside of the remaining tabs but I just have not had that much time this year with the house and barn renovation.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great post Chris

Thanks for the great post Chris. So busy right now, don't have time to fire up my miller welder and mod it. I will make a low offer and if I get it than I will. After looking at a lot of box blades for my 1025r, It seems that the John Deere frontier 2048l is really not that much more than other brands.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for the great post Chris. So busy right now, don't have time to fire up my miller welder and mod it. I will make a low offer and if I get it than I will. After looking at a lot of box blades for my 1025r, It seems that the John Deere frontier 2048l is really not that much more than other brands.
There is a good thread about the differences between the 2048 and 2048L. A lot of people like them for the 1025r. Now that I have the heavier Massey blade I use it often just for ballast purposes.
(Besides, I was really wanting to play with the plasma torch.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts