Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, here is the prototype Off-load Cart for the JD Material Collection Hopper. It is designed to drop the JD MCS Hopper, fitted with my bracket, right from the seat of your tractor.

You will never have to touch the hopper again. You can mount and dismount right from the 3-point. It also makes storage really easy because you can roll the cart anywhere. No more hopper lying around on the floor.

Take a look at the couple pics attached. It is going back in this week for some fine tuning, but the final version will be mostly like this. Like the bracket, it is professionally designed, manufactured, and powder coated. It is top of the line, lifetime quality! Take a look and watch my website over the next couple weeks for more info.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Very cool! I really like the way it holds it from the inside on the hitch pins, great engineering:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenny!

We added the inner hitch pins to keep the outer pins free for the I-Match to grab the entire assembly. We are going to widen the cart a bit to add more stability and may lower it to be closer to the floor. It rolls like butter on conceret. My six year old was puching it around this weekend.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first test of the cart went pretty well. It went back to drawing for some refinements and a new version will be out next week. I will snap some photos then and post them for anyone who is interested. You can take a look at the attached drawings if you are curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
It looks nice. :thumbup1gif:The first one did look a bit tall. Just be sure it will work on the smaller 1xxx. If your going to market it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure why they went so tall on the first version. I guess that is why engineers make prototypes.. This is more low profile and we are adding width for better stability. This will also be more shipping friendly. I'm thinking we should be ok for the 1 Series, but that is a good reminder. Once I get the height with the castor wheels on, maybe I can put up some dimensions to see what the 1 Series owners think. Thanks again for the reminder!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, the Offload cart went in for a major overhaul yesterday. I decided to add provisions for hanging the power-flow blower on the cart and something to hold the chute too. Just like the hopper, those items are always sitting around on the floor when they are not in use. The nice part is that it will not add any physical size to the cart itself. The second, smaller version's footprint will remain unchanged.

Also, I am having them add a lock to ensure the hopper/bracket assembly stays put in the cart when you are rolling it around. Having kids has taught me to plan for these kinds of things. If it can be tipped, a kid will find a way! We went wide on the base for stability and the lock will ensure no falls!

I should have some pics by the weekend for all those who are waiting for it! I am really excited for this because it will really make the MCS hands free to hook up or remove.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I think this will be the production version! Everything fits on nice an neat. JB bracket attached to the hopper, power flow, and the chute all fit nicely on the cart! No more stuff on the floor for storage and no more lifting the hopper on and off!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very cool! I just received the bracket and am looking forward to the cart!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dbone very much for your order!

I have the cart home now and have been using it for a couple weeks. This is simply a game changer for the Material Collection System. There is no sales hype when I say this cart flat out works and it will make you life easer!

We are doing a video for the cart this coming Friday. It is so easy to deal with the MCS that my wife (all 116 ponds of her) will be doing a hookup of the MCS from the cart. Anyone who has wrestled the hopper off the shop floor can attest to the fact that it is no east task. For a small framed lady, I would say nearly impossible. It takes her about 15 seconds and she is hooked up and out the door. Mind you, she has NEVER even sat on my tractor before this!

Again, thanks so much for the order! I would love to see a pic or 2 on GTT of your MCS hooked up! I will have some carts ready in a week or 2. Please keep checking back!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys!

Got the first batch of carts home late last week. I will be doing the final assembly on them, ordering boxes, and finalizing pricing this week. I decided to make them one solid structure rather than something you have to spend the afternoon bolting together after you get it. They will be fully assembled and ready to roll when you pull it out of the box!

I hope to be ready to offer and ship after the 4th of July Weekend. Thanks everyone for your patience! It was definitely a project I wanted to get right! If you check my website in a couple days, the video will on how the cart works will be up. I will post it here too.

I hope everyone has a great and safe 4th!

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Great job Randy! Looks like a fine "quality" product. The words "Made In The USA" brings a big smile on my face. :usa

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Sterling40man! I am very proud of the fact that these are being made right here in my home town. Good to hear others still think "Made in the USA" means something!

·
Registered
768 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
Very professional! Excellent job. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Very nice Randy! I wish nothing but the greatest success with your invention. Nice place you got there!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Material Collection System Mounting Cart

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know the MCS Mounting Carts are here and ready for shipping!! They turned out great and make the MCS a hands-free mounting implement. Please take a look and consider a purchase!

Thanks!

Randy

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
An unintended benefit (at no extra cost!!)

We recently discovered that the JB Bracket/MCS Cart combo works great as an I-Match Catch! As I understand, the guys running the back hoe must remove the I-Match and rockschaft arms to install the hoe. If you have the JB Combo, you can just leave the I-Match coupled to the bracket and remove the whole assembly from the tractor without ever lifting anything!

I attached a couple pics. I did not remove my rockshaft arms because I do not have a hoe, but they can hang on here too. I was shocked how easy it is to remove the I-Match when you don't have to lift it! Re-install is a breeze too!

Anyone who purchased the Combo can take a advantage of this added benefit if they want! I would just get an extra bungee to tether the assembly to the cart because of the added weight of the I-Match on the front of the cart. It can't tip out because of the stops already on the cart, but the bungee just makes it feel more solid when pushing it around the shop.

We have started design work on a quick hitch catch for those who want to remove their quick hitches and don't have the MCS. It will not be brand specific and it will work with any quick hitch. However, for those who have the MCS and I-Match, I wanted to make sure you found out about this added feature!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts