Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was going to do the Mauser as well on my second 1025R. I had planned to remove the cab in the summer months. I had just begun to install the Mauser when I found the cab front mounts were obstructed by the backhoe supplemental frame. In addition to removing/installing the ROPS at season change over, I'd also have to remove/install the supplemental frame. It just became too much. I did another Cozy Cab. I installed quick disconnects (metri-pack connectors) on the wiring and the heater hoses. I'm estimating it'll be 1 to 1.5 hours to remove/install the cab, start to finish.

Granted, the Mauser is a nicer cab, but even with my non-backhoe 1025R, it would still be a fair amount more work to remove/install at season changeover. So, for me, the Cozy Cab is the best fit.

Reactions: Levi and mjncad

·
Registered
36 Posts
backhoe bracket on loader support

I am also very interested in the Mauser cab with a backhoe . We have had a wicked amount of snow this year and the bucket with no cab just isn't cutting it anymore. Time for a cab and blower. If u look at the loader support closely in the video it appears as though the backhoe support bracket is gone so assume fairly major mods required to the backhoe support frame. Hopefully someone can shed light on this install .

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like the new 260B backhoe does not have the subframe that attaches to the loader mount castings? I know a member here tried installing a Mouser but he had the old 260 Backhoe and said those sub frame supports were in the way of the cab.

Wonder if the new 260B subframe alleviates the issues some have had with tire chains. The old 260 has very close rear tire to subframe clearance.

A Mouser cab is not in my future anytime soon but I too would like to see this guy use his backhoe with his cab.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Looks like the new 260B backhoe does not have the subframe that attaches to the loader mount castings? I know a member here tried installing a Mouser but he had the old 260 Backhoe and said those sub frame supports were in the way of the cab.

Wonder if the new 260B subframe alleviates the issues some have had with tire chains. The old 260 has very close rear tire to subframe clearance.

A Mouser cab is not in my future anytime soon but I too would like to see this guy use his backhoe with his cab.
This is what I thought right away, it is the new design that allows it.

As far as operating the BH for a lengthy 5 hour job it would be one thing, but I am perfectly comfortable kneeling on the seat and facing backwards for short jobs where I have to constantly switch between BH and loader work. I watched an older guy doing it 50 years ago and found it is pretty common(Probably had a broken seat).

Now whether the window opens up far enough, I don't know.

Maybe its a case where the cab is on for winter snow removal and the BH isn't used, I only use mine for counter weight in winter it is too muddy or frozen to dig.

Reactions: keane
1 - 8 of 8 Posts