Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a cab to my JD 1025R. Not having a backhoe, so don't have to worry about compatibility issue there. I'm looking at Mauser and Tektite as those are readily available to me here. My dealer has both cabs installed and have sat in both. To me, the fit and finish of the Mauser, seems to be a notch or two above the Tektite version.

So the question is, if you were buying a cab for your 1025R and had to choose between Mauser and Tektite...which would it be and why?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I have only seen the Mauser and have to agree with you, it looks amazing and moreso, comfortable. While there have been a couple of reported 'accidents' here with the front windshield shattering due to a misaligned rod or so, but it is certainly pricey. What is the price difference between the two?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Our sportsman’s club just put the Curtis cab on the 1023e they have. It looks likes a well built unit. Right now, all the windows and doors are off it for mowing. They mainly purchased it for blowing snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Looking to add a cab to my JD 1025R. Not having a backhoe, so don't have to worry about compatibility issue there. I'm looking at Mauser and Tektite as those are readily available to me here. My dealer has both cabs installed and have sat in both. To me, the fit and finish of the Mauser, seems to be a notch or two above the Tektite version.

So the question is, if you were buying a cab for your 1025R and had to choose between Mauser and Tektite...which would it be and why?

Thanks
My AVATAR speaks for itself.......

I have the Mauser and find it to be EXCEPTIONAL in fit and finish and Function........

To me, the Mauser looks like it's designed more specifically for the 1 Series. However, it';s not a cab to be put on and removed annually, as it's very integral in the tractor and it's ROPS certified, so the ROPS bar is completely removed from your tractor.

If you have any questions or want specifics, feel free to ask. If I don't respond to this thread, send me a Private Message and I will get back to you.

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
I have only seen the Mauser and have to agree with you, it looks amazing and moreso, comfortable. While there have been a couple of reported 'accidents' here with the front windshield shattering due to a misaligned rod or so, but it is certainly pricey. What is the price difference between the two?
Actually, since the Mauser comes with many options as Standard Equipment, verses many of the other cab manufacturers add every single option to their base price, I found the Mauser wasn't much different in price than comparably equipped cabs when comparing apples to apples. In fact, when including all of the options, it was less than a couple of others which I considered..........

But even if it had been the most expensive, I still would have bought it.

Also, I would get every option available such as both front and rear wipers, both side mirrors, etc. You use all of them, especially when plowing snow. I even added a back up camera which is EXTREMELY helpful and increases operational safety.

Here is one of the threads I have posted about my cab opinion and evaluation. Search under the advanced search with my user name as the source and I cover all of the options and show the pictures of adding the revolving cab light and other cab features......

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/142418-first-impressions-plowing-snow-my-new-1025r-factory-cab-equipped.html

In my opinion, which is what is important to me, :)laugh:) It fits the tractor like it was designed specifically for that model where so many of the other cabs look like four square panels set on the tractor chassis.....Even the glass in the Mauser has radius to it, which really adds to the styling.

I can tell you that even people who know nothing about tractors or cabs find the Mauser cab very impressive. I helped a neighbor move some landscaping stuff on Saturday and the wife walked over to my tractor and she asked if she could open the door and look inside. Of course, I complied. She opens the door and exclaims to her husband "This is as nice inside as my car......." The other thing which surprises people is when they shut the door. It's very solid and shuts like a car door.

The other advantage is Mauser and Deere work together to make it an OEM offering, which means the Deere dealer will always have parts availability through their regular parts department and service on it through their service department. On the other hand, If the dealership decides to not sell Tekite cabs any longer, you might not be able to get any parts or service for the Tekite cab through that dealer, where as with the Mauser, that should never be the case.

Full Disclaimer - I do have an opinion on the subject, it's just my objectivity is in question since I am a Mauser cab owner......:dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Sent you a PM Sulley.
Received and responded. If you have any other questions or If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me.......

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Mauser builds the 'factory' cabs for European Deere's not having true OEM cabs like the 3x00 and above series tractors. I just wish Mauser's website was worth a darn.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Mauser builds the 'factory' cabs for European Deere's not having true OEM cabs like the 3x00 and above series tractors. I just wish Mauser's website was worth a darn.
Agreed on the website. Also, contacting them is a waste of time too. However, they were responsive to my dealer.

I too have the Mauser cab. Although I haven't compared it to any other 1 series cabs the quality is exactly what I would expect if this were John Deere original equipment. It isn't as refined as the cab on my 4 series, but the 1 series isn't that refined either. Anyway, I'm a happy owner of a Mauser cab :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a cozy cab which I really like the versatility of being able to take cab off in the summer time. Now that have taken it off and on a couple times, in half hour to 45 minutes it can be taken off or on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
GLS1320.

Did you locate the camera information we discussed and I included in the PM link? If you have more questions or need help with the specific camera, just let me know.

I have been using the camera now since late last fall. I have dropped the screen a couple of times from the windshield to the cab floor and even once out of the cab onto the garage floor and it not only continues to work just fine, it doesn't appear any worse for the wear.......I wouldn't recommend testing the screen in this manner, but so far, it's performing just as new.

Despite the camera being a made in China product of a Chinese company, the manufacturer has been very proactive and contacted me to make sure I was pleased with the camera and to see if I had any concerns or needed any assistance. They also followed up on the posted product review with personal contact as well as just "checking in" about 6 weeks ago to see how their camera is performing and to make sure I am satisfied, which I certainly am.

They seem to be trying hard to provide very good customer service, which is nice to see.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I have a cozy cab which I really like the versatility of being able to take cab off in the summer time. Now that have taken it off and on a couple times, in half hour to 45 minutes it can be taken off or on.
What are you using to remove the cab? A gantry crane? Forks on another tractor? A hoist and trolley?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GLS1320.

Did you locate the camera information we discussed and I included in the PM link? If you have more questions or need help with the specific camera, just let me know.
Hi Sulley....Yes thanks I did find it and studied up on it a bit. Looks like I will be putting your good information to actual use in the very near future. Couple days ago I purchased a Mauser cab which should be arriving mid June. The back up camera will be one of the first, if not THE first after market purchase to be installed.

Thanks again Sulley for all your excellent detailed information and reviews you have provided about the Mauser cab. It sure helped me make my decision a whole lot easier.

And I'm sure I will have many more questions for you in the future once I have the cab installed.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
GLS1320.

I have been using the camera now since late last fall. I have dropped the screen a couple of times from the windshield to the cab floor and even once out of the cab onto the garage floor and it not only continues to work just fine, it doesn't appear any worse for the wear.......I wouldn't recommend testing the screen in this manner, but so far, it's performing just as new.

Despite the camera being a made in China product of a Chinese company, the manufacturer has been very proactive and contacted me to make sure I was pleased with the camera and to see if I had any concerns or needed any assistance. They also followed up on the posted product review with personal contact as well as just "checking in" about 6 weeks ago to see how their camera is performing and to make sure I am satisfied, which I certainly am.

They seem to be trying hard to provide very good customer service, which is nice to see.
Sulley, is Mauser planning on addressing the incompatibility issue with the back hoe models that you know of? Unless I sell my hoe can't use this.
Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
If not a 2018, (man did curtis wreck a great cab) I love my Curtis cab. All that glass can get hot in the summer and no room for a backhoe... the doors come off the Curtis quickly even the back and it is almost like no cab a roof for summer.

(wow did I get lucky, I got the 2017 with a new curved arm loader so the best of 2017 and 2018, the 018 Curtis cab horrible looking, not sure why they did not just integrate the ROPS instead of cannibalizing the enclosure...

Not even sure how the price compares but it is a bolt on and not factory. I use it mostly for snow-blowing and I know I am in the minority but way too much glass on the others and the tektite looks like a huge box...

Just my .02! Any cab even a total soft-side beats the blowing snow in the face method!

I can tell you no matter what cab you get... on a windy snow blowing day you will be pleased! (heat is good too)

So to tall the cab guys! KUDOS!

·
Registered
314 Posts
MXZRXP, you are correct, i have the same setup and totally agree. You did not even mention the price difference. I wanted something more then the soft sided , but not the full glass house. For me with a backhoe, the choice was not much of a choice. 4400$ installed and delivered sealed the deal. For summer 3 out 4 glass panels removed and wrapped in harbor freight moving blankets for storage. Winter use is a pleasure. Summer is a seat under a shade tree. Very pleased.:gizmo:

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a new Tektite cab and it's awesome. I also have a backhoe which puts me in the Tektite and Curtis only cab selection.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts