Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a severely sloped hillside, 35-40 degrees tapering to 20 that is only 30 feet from the top of the street to my pond. It levels out at the bottom. Ive been working on clearing it out of vines and brambles. Bush hogged what I could. Getting the rest with the backhoe. Now at this area im stumped because there are small 3-4" diameter trees I want to save. I can put the plow blade on the x758 and try to grub the brambles out and push the debris back to where I can safely get it with the 2038 but even still I need to till it after to get some seed down. Was going to take loader off and run my 65" tiller with weights on the front. Whats the max angle I can safely climb and decend while tilling?

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
There is no right or definite answer here. There’s entirely too many variables such as weather, humidity, weight of the tractor, tire compound, tread design, tire pressure, terrain type…the list goes on and on.

Some days I can mow the ditches and slopes in my yard with my Z, but it really depends on the weather and how damp the yard is. Too wet, I slide. Too dry, I slide. It literally has to be just right or I slide to the bottom. Change the machine to a different Z on the same day and it can’t be done at all.

So in short, there is no good or solid number answer to give you. Only anecdotal evidence and stories. Your experience and “pucker factor” can tell you what you can do.

I will suggest this. Use your safety gear (ROPS/seat belt) if you are exploring limitations on your equipment and your experience. I’m going home tonight regardless of how good or bad a day I’ve had. I hope you do too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.