Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been mentioned more than once to have a fall get together, (I know someone mentioned a BBQ here in the northeast not so long ago when we were up to our elbows in alligators) so we can put faces to screen names and just have a great time meeting each other. I know we are from all areas of the map and these things can be difficult to put together. How about posting some ideas like interest, where this could take place, maybe a JD event already in the works and even possible vendor locations.. What do you all think? Worth looking into or am I just a hopeful fanatic? Woodstock started on a whim and look what happened! (just an example by the way) Thanks , Jeff Taylor

·
Registered
23,309 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,131 Posts
Mutton's seems like a good spot but they would need to confirm willingness (of course). Heck they may even sell one of us something.
If dieselshadow goes, I'm not. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mutton's seems like a good spot but they would need to confirm willingness (of course). Heck they may even sell one of us something.
Like I just posted in another thread,, Funny stuff Giz..

·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
I don't know that I'd be able to get out to the midwest for a convention but it would be nice to have a regional gathering. I wonder if we could convince one of the area dealers to host something? Maybe a New England gathering?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm not sure there would be enough beer in an entire state if you, dieselshadow and myself all showed up somewhere at the same time!! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know that I'd be able to get out to the midwest for a convention but it would be nice to have a regional gathering. I wonder if we could convince one of the area dealers to host something? Maybe a New England
gathering?
Regional would be good too, not sure Jim if you mentioned a BBQ this past winter, someone did around our parts?. I realize traveling is not in the cards for a whole lot of people. I would really have no issue going almost anywhere I can drive! Sulleybear mentioned his trips to Sturgis,, I can't tell you how many people around here head to Sturgis and love it, But that's just me, I would parley this into a nice needed long vacation.. With that said; I would be totally open to heading 12 hours to Fort Wayne! It's central for a whole lot of people.. wait what's in Fort Wayne??? All the way from Mass. I bet there would be other vendors who would also be interested in getting together. We "are" all FAMILY... Jeff

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
I'll go where Gizmo goes. He'll inadvertently gets rid of all the rif-raf with his pictures of him and his hot tub. We've seen it and are immune to his antics.:lol:

I'm not sure there would be enough beer in an entire state if you, dieselshadow and myself all showed up somewhere at the same time!! :laugh:
So much beer, so little time.....:mocking:

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
:lol:Ain't life tough sometimes?
How would you know? :unknown: Oh yeah...you had to wait for a few weeks until your new truck showed up. Poor fella....:empathy:

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
I'm up for a road trip. Heck I left Dearborn, MI at 6 AM and just got home to Massachusetts a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Will there be door prizes? Good beer?

Seriously, it could be fun!

Reactions: tj1

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Will there be door prizes? Good beer?

Seriously, it could be fun!
With this group, good beer is always around!!!! :drinks:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep the comments coming. It may be possible to get some vendors to help us out with this. If we get enough people serious about this, the vendors will follow. This could turn out to be something positive. I'll keep my hopes up. I see Mutton put something out there and like I stated, I have no issue driving that far at all. Car pooling can also work.. Charter bussing also works and it is a reasonable cost vs. your own vehicle. We would just need enough to fill the bus to make it cost effective from our own areas,, and we all know what goes on within charter trips! At least I do!!! Jeff

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Some regional events or sub regional would be good. Heck you all could just come to Texas though. Because everything is bigger and better here.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sounds like fun but Mass to Indiana is way to far for me and summers are just to busy for me, I would support a more regional location but you all can go and have fun and that way there is sure to be enough beer to go around.

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
Is there a proposed date to this?:unknown:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there a proposed date to this?:unknown:
I would refer to Tractorslinger on this one. If they think we can get enough to participate we can all work on the rest of the logistics, such as staying somewhere, rides to get there etc.. I am pretty sure some here in the NE could get together and come up with ideas on what I just stated. I will help to the best of my ability. we can cover Maine, NH, Ma. and maybe some of CT.. for a possible bus? A date is important but as Slinger said,, a lot of planning on his behalf to get this accomplished and once we do this, (if indeed we do) who knows, maybe a yearly thing.. It can only grow each year.. Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts