Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I am making up my mind about which mcs I should buy for my 1025. I have read all the threads I could find regarding the mcs20 and tkv20. Honestly if there was not a significant difference in price I would go with the tkv20, but there is a significant price difference, so I am still considering the mcs20 with dump from seat capability. Based on threads I’ve read, many people prefer the tkv20 and many others say the mcs20 does a fine job. However I have read the Power flow blows material away from the right side of the deck and can cause the deck to cut noticeably uneven. I would really appreciate getting your current thoughts regarding the mcs options for the 1025... Given the large price difference, do you prefer the mcs20 or tkv20?

Also, the mcs20 is not compatible with “load and go” brackets, and I need the load and go to help me manage the storage and servicing of my deck. How difficult/easy is it to change out the standard drive over ramps with the load and go ramps. I’ve watched videos on this but would appreciate hearing about your experience switching these out.

TY!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I suggest the Trac-Vac 854 3PH unit driven by PTO with a 44 bushel capacity. 15 years of use and with outstanding performance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice unit. However, it is missing one thing... The push button dump switch. LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
What is the all in price difference between the TKV20 and the MCS20? My MCS20 was $3500 three or so years ago. The TKV20 came out about 3-4 months after I bought my MCS20.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest the Trac-Vac 854 3PH unit driven by PTO with a 44 bushel capacity. 15 years of use and with outstanding performance.

View attachment 755221

TY. How do you store this in the off seasons?... looks like it might be a bit larger than mcs20 or tkv20?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the all in price difference between the TKV20 and the MCS20? My MCS20 was $3500 three or so years ago. The TKV20 came out about 3-4 months after I bought my MCS20.
Couple dealers are finalizing numbers for me today, And said they would let me know next Monday, but prelim numbers show $1,000 - $1,500 difference. Yesterday I found a 2019 used mcs20 for $2,000 which is at least a $2,000 difference with the tkv20... but owner could not verify it operates well as he has never used it (he bought tractor at auction and has not used it)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Couple dealers are finalizing numbers for me today, And said they would let me know next Monday, but prelim numbers show $1,000 - $1,500 difference. Yesterday I found a 2019 used mcs20 for $2,000 which is at least a $2,000 difference with the tkv20... but owner could not verify it operates well as he has never used it (he bought tractor at auction and has not used it)
Does the used MCS include the PowerFlow unit that fits your mower deck? I am fairly certain the 54 and 60 decks use two different powerflow units. If it doesn't, go buy new because the cost of the correct powerflow will negate the savings. You may be able to sell the incorrect one, but likely not for what you would spend on a new one. Just my .02.

·
Registered
37 Posts
TY. How do you store this in the off seasons?... looks like it might be a bit larger than mcs20 or tkv20?
It is larger than the than the other units as it holds more than twice as much material before having to be dumped.

I store the unit inside the barn with other implements. The collection hopper/wheeled cart could stay outside as it has a nice powder coated finish but the blower unit should be protected from the elements. The blower is not that big or heavy and can be moved around without much effort.

Reactions: WCN1025

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the used MCS include the PowerFlow unit that fits your mower deck? I am fairly certain the 54 and 60 decks use two different powerflow units. If it doesn't, go buy new because the cost of the correct powerflow will negate the savings. You may be able to sell the incorrect one, but likely not for what you would spend on a new one. Just my .02.
Yep... the price includes the entire rig including power flow, chute, hose, metal container for material, wiring and caster wheels. He said this came off a 2019 1025 with a 60” deck (I have a 2018 1025 with a 60d deck and still need to verify He has this same deck).

i also found a dealer that is getting out of the compact tractor business and is selling brand new mcs20, without power flow for a food price... he is finalizing the price now and said he would let me know today.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yep... the price includes the entire rig including power flow, chute, hose, metal container for material, wiring and caster wheels. He said this came off a 2019 1025 with a 60” deck (I have a 2018 1025 with a 60d deck and still need to verify He has this same deck).

i also found a dealer that is getting out of the compact tractor business and is selling brand new mcs20, without power flow for a food price... he is finalizing the price now and said he would let me know today.
Awesome. Sounds like you are in a good spot with some good options. Good luck. Despite my bi**hing about the frustration of the powerflow vortex, it is a great unit.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Load n go was very easy to install, probably sub-5 minutes to swap the ramps on my 72D.

The tkv-20 is in a different league from the power flow. If you just want to bag grass that you cut every week, the power flow will work fine. The tkv-20 will bag 2 foot tall grass that I haven't cut for a month at a reasonable speed where I can finish mowing in a few hours.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If he is attaching it to a 1025r, does he want load n go? Why not the quickhitch?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Satch. If I get the mcs20 I will get somewhat proficient at swapping those ramps a few times a year as I need the load and go to help service and store my deck. I’d really like to get the tkv20 but price difference is significant for me... but I’m not crazy about swapping ramps and I like the pto driven fan better than powerflow. So I’m still weighing the Pros and cons. Another thought crosses my mind... I’m not getting any younger and horsing around with switching ramps, power flow units, etc is not getting any easier.

Do you know if there is any difference with “ground clearance” between the power flow unit and the tkv20 boot? I will dump our leaves in border beds around our yard, and those beds are not always level... they are not badly bumpy but there are places that are higher/bumpier than others And a higher ground clearance would be better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If he is attaching it to a 1025r, does he want load n go? Why not the quickhitch?
Spartazoo... yep, he took the mcs20 off a 1025, but I’m not following your question well... not sure what “load and go” ramps on the deck has to do with quick hitch on the 3-point? What am I missing?

At this point I’m not planning to buy/use a quick hitch on my 3-point because for the foreseeable future I probably will only have 2 attachments for the 3-point... a weight bracket and the mcs... and both of these will be on caster wheels on a concrete surface which I’m thinking will make them relatively easy to hook up to the 3-point. Thoughts?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Spartazoo... yep, he took the mcs20 off a 1025, but I’m not following your question well... not sure what “load and go” ramps on the deck has to do with quick hitch on the 3-point? What am I missing?

My bad. I got load n go confused with click n go. HAHA

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks Satch. If I get the mcs20 I will get somewhat proficient at swapping those ramps a few times a year as I need the load and go to help service and store my deck. I’d really like to get the tkv20 but price difference is significant for me... but I’m not crazy about swapping ramps and I like the pto driven fan better than powerflow. So I’m still weighing the Pros and cons. Another thought crosses my mind... I’m not getting any younger and horsing around with switching ramps, power flow units, etc is not getting any easier.

Do you know if there is any difference with “ground clearance” between the power flow unit and the tkv20 boot? I will dump our leaves in border beds around our yard, and those beds are not always level... they are not badly bumpy but there are places that are higher/bumpier than others And a higher ground clearance would be better.
comparing the power flow on my 345 with the boot on the TKV-20, I would say the TKV-20 has better clearance, it doesn't extend down below the deck like my powerflow unit does.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the powerflow on my x324. I would run in thick leaf cover for about 1 minute before the powerflow impeller would clog. To clear it safely, you have to shut-down, dismount, disconnect the powerflow and start digging. To be fair, that’s a MUCH smaller machine. Also, I haven’t done a massive leaf-clearing with the TKV20 yet. I’d say there’s about 2-4 weeks left before I’m knee deep which is when I’ll get a teal flavor for it. That said, I’ve mowed a LOT with the tkv20. It’s louder than the powerflow was (again, completely different machine), but the lawn looks like it was Scissor cut and vacuumed. The TKV20 suction is incredible and it leaves a gorgeous lawn.

Cutting lawn with the powerflow was also wrought with constant clogs. I think the TKV20 is a step above the powerflow technology.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
3800 to 4500, depending on your shipping. Distance, house, dock, commercial business.

At the low range, it's a no brainer. You can keep the Power Flow. Pretty much a throw away power head.
Do you like to keep stopping to unclog Power Flow?

Allen.

OH, by the way I'm biased. I own a TKV20.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I had the powerflow on my x324. I would run in thick leaf cover for about 1 minute before the powerflow impeller would clog. To clear it safely, you have to shut-down, dismount, disconnect the powerflow and start digging. To be fair, that’s a MUCH smaller machine. Also, I haven’t done a massive leaf-clearing with the TKV20 yet. I’d say there’s about 2-4 weeks left before I’m knee deep which is when I’ll get a teal flavor for it. That said, I’ve mowed a LOT with the tkv20. It’s louder than the powerflow was (again, completely different machine), but the lawn looks like it was Scissor cut and vacuumed. The TKV20 suction is incredible and it leaves a gorgeous lawn.

Cutting lawn with the powerflow was also wrought with constant clogs. I think the TKV20 is a step above the powerflow technology.
Couldn't have said it much better. I have a couple sets of massive willows that dump leaves what feels like every day. The TKV20 is AWESOME!!!

Allen.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts