Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3005 and a 790. I have been seriously considering getting a backhoe to attach to one of them. I've been told the only one made for those tractors is a #7 backhoe. I can't find them listed anywhere so they must not be made anymore. I look at the #46 and it says it is for 2320, 2520, 2720 models and that means it probably won't adapt to either of my tractors (or will it?) I've read the pro's and cons of the 3 pt attached backhoes and they worry me. The only option there is getting one then building/fabricating a subframe that ties everything together from the lower arms of the 3 pt all the way to the FEL mounts. That is appearing to be the only option left. Is there something other than the model 7 (which doesn't seem available) for a reasonable cost? Any ideas from my knowledgable friends at GTT?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,864 Posts
Fuel Hoser, I also just read this on the JD site for the #7 hoe...

"Tractors Must be Equipped with a Front Loader. 3005, 790 and 770 Tractors Require BM18005 Power Beyond Kit and AM107212 ROPS Extension Kit. On 3005, 790 Tractors with 11.2-24, 4PR (R1) Tires, the Stabilizer will not Contact Ground for Adequate Stability."

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Fuel Hoser,

I tried Keith's link but it failed. So I went to Deere's site and you can still purchase it from what I can see and I think that is what Keith was pointing to. The part# is 0512TY and the price on the site is $7,895 and that includes the mountings, hydraulics, subframe and rear hanger brackets for a 3005 or 790. I guess the price on those is $1,303 since that is what they take off if you have them. That price includes the 9" bucket. If you want any of the following different buckets you will have to add the following amounts: for the 13" its an additional $47 and the 16" is an additional $78 and the 20" is an additional $153. To find it go to Deere's site and select residential and then select tractor and then select CUT and then select 3005. Then select build your own. It looks like they have stopped these tractors as well because it never allows you to select the tractor. but you can select attachments for the CUT's 1000 - 4000 and then you can select the BH 7 which is at the top of the list and up it comes.

I did a quick search and came up with this info:

I don't know if any of these are still available. I also recognize that you are in AK so these might not work out so easily if they are still available.

1999 JOHN DEERE NO. 7 BACKHOE ATTACHMENT - GovDeals.com

John Deere #7 Backhoes | G.W. McGrew Auction Company SEVEN VALLEYS, PA #44462

John Deere #7 backhoe sub frame $500

I am going to guess that this one was sold that was listed on the for sale section of GTT http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sale/7744-sale-john-deere-no-7-backhoe-attachment.html

Here is a whole 855 with the 7 BH on it for sale
John deere 7 backhoe for sale - Yakaz For sale

This is the company that makes the 7 and 8B as well as all the BH's for Deere. Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions for OEMs, and Custom Equipment, Tractor Attachments and Backhoes - Amerequip (ARPS)

I have contacted them in the past but they are not easy to work with. I just wish they would give their drawings etc since some of the stuff Deere no longer supplies. At least that would allow us owners to still have stuff made for our BH's that is no longer sold.

One last thing to add to the post. You can find this document very good with info on the 7 and 8B BH. Just scroll down and you will find a PDF on 7 and 8B BH from a tractorbynet forum. It will just put you into a download mode for the document. https://www.google.com/search?q=TY20122&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS530US530&oq=TY20122&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i60l2.1282j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&qscrl=1

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,864 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts