Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out this YouTube vid: Red Willow Band Nemo 79 - I Wish I Had Your Arms Around Me - YouTube

I was in the crowd that afternoon: 19 years old(40 years ago this month was the video, my birthday month is March) ), skinny and happy to be alive. In the still beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota listening to a band that I saw live maybe 25 times and wish that I could see again.

Half my money (then) I wasted on wine and women, the rest I just p!ssed away!

Brian

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
You hillbilly :lol:

But I like it :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PJR - Hillbilly is not the preferred nomenclature - "Appalachian American", please...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Registered
11,268 Posts

It's unlike you to throw compliments around. :dunno:

I like it too.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Check out this YouTube vid: Red Willow Band Nemo 79 - I Wish I Had Your Arms Around Me - YouTube

I was in the crowd that afternoon: 19 years old(40 years ago this month was the video, my birthday month is March) ), skinny and happy to be alive. In the still beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota listening to a band that I saw live maybe 25 times and wish that I could see again.

Brian
For me, it was beer, bikes, cars, and women. No wine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The aerial view just before the song starts shows a barn that was a great music venue then, South Dakota was a 3.2% ABV beer state for those ages 18-21. The bar put a red stamp on the top of your hand if you were old enough for weak beer and a black stamp for those old enough to drink harder stuff. The bar staff looked only for green, as in dollars.

The place was about 20 miles from where I lived then; I once totaled a car on an icy road bridge rail and drove it home missing a headlight and with a shimmy in the steering.

In the ensuing 40 years, I finished engineering school, married twice (but not at the same time), worked and travelled the world before settling in South Central Ohio and joining the Deere scene.

The Black Hills were a fabulous place to play. I was part of the brain drain that occurred in the early 80's when the engineering job market was soft.

Brian

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts

Brian
Here's the geriatric version:

Quite a good band; kinda says "Bob Wills after Woodstock".

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2lc - The RWB sang this song also, often interchanging bird with turd in the lyics.

The fiddle player did a lot of work in Nashville and on the road with other acts

Here's the geriatric version:

Quite a good band; kinda says "Bob Wills after Woodstock".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts