Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a Mechanic Creeper.
What do you have and what do you recommend?
Width?
Length?
Under $75.

Registered
I'm in need of a Mechanic Creeper.
What do you have and what do you recommend?
Width?
Length?
Under $75.
One that will roll on a concrete floor that may or may not be level and clean. I use a furniture dolly from HF. Works much better than a creeper for me. It is a bit short, but...:laugh:

Administrator
My version:

Attachments

Registered
Ya think so, do ya? :banghead:

:lol:
I didn't realize that you would read it. I hope I didn't offend you.:banghead:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #7

Administrator
OK for serious now:

We have an older Craftsmen creeper that works just "OK", when I replace it, it will probably be with one of these:

The Bone Creepers - Our Products

Registered
I had a wooden NAPA creeper but gave it to my son-in-law and grandson. I had a hell of a time getting it to roll. The wheels were angled and beveled, but I wasn't happy with it. My grandson and his Dad are big guys and they don't complain about it.

Registered
I am watching this thread....I am looking for one as well.....another option that would be nice is comfortable enough to take quick nap if needed under tractor :bigthumb:

Premium Member
I am watching this thread....I am looking for one as well.....another option that would be nice is comfortable enough to take quick nap if needed under tractor :bigthumb:
Maybe Kenny can cram an air matress into a flat rate box and fix ya up :laugh:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: I was going to say the same thing. :thumbup1gif:

Registered
I have the Bone creeper. It will sound strange but it rolls to good. If it isn鈥檛 flat it will roll away, if your on it or not. Also if you get on it to quickly or not straight down it will take off. It is a good creeper though. I often have a fold out pad I use instead.

Premium Member
What Im going to say is sacrilegious.

In my 40 years of wrenching, Ive tried them all, from $19 Craftsman to the $150 top of the line bone ones (and I'll even admit to spending even more for those that had adjustable headrests, cushioned, etc etc etc) ...... and I'll take a clean 2'x4' piece of cardboard over any of them.
I always have my motorcycle wallet on, and have ripped out more belt loops over the years from the chain getting caught up in the wheels..... and how many times a socket or a nut or bolt I put down rolls underneath me. Then add up how many times I got too comfy and rolled under a little too fast and whacked my head on something I knew was there but forgot about.

Yep.....if you guys noticed on Saturday, I had 2 huge pieces in the back of my truck, just waiting for the chance to go under WBs tractor. Just never got the opportunity to use them. Plus, the cardboard helps when you spring a leak you werent expecting.....the Mrs hates an oily driveway. :lolol:

Registered
My version:
:lolol::lolol:

I just bought a harbor freight one actually works pretty good, storage on the side, almost want to say best one I鈥檝e been on.
And another thing, in the storage area on the side I write with the sharpie the sizes of all the drain plugs on equipment I have so when I roll under I have then right size wrench. :laugh:. Even have the size of zturn mower blade bolts.

Attachments

Registered
They've left me with the impression that you could stand under most things.:unknown: I like the 2x4' rugs from Menards. They work good until they start on fire. They close them out in the fall and I get them for a couple bucks each.

Administrator

Premium Member

Attachments

Premium Member
:lolol::lolol:

I just bought a harbor freight one actually works pretty good, storage on the side, almost want to say best one I鈥檝e been on.
And another thing, in the storage area on the side I write with the sharpie the sizes of all the drain plugs on equipment I have so when I roll under I have then right size wrench. :laugh:. Even have the size of zturn mower blade bolts.
I have that same one but from menards. I still use my old wooden craftsman more though. I use jack stands but for some reason while the plastic one is nicer in every way the way it cradles me makes me feel like if the vehicle came down I would be trapped. I know if it came down it wouldn鈥檛 matter and I am not clostrophobic but it I just can鈥檛 get used to it.

No argument with the cardboard either. Sometimes that on a cool floor just feels good and no sliding around.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts