Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I picked up one of the Harbor Freight ones on sale a few months ago when I was getting ready to re-wire a trailer. Used it a few times and went back to my old method of throwing a mover's blanket on the floor to move around on.

·
Premium Member
12,908 Posts

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
This.....kind of the exact opposite of the piece of cardboard I usually use.

Giz-we all know how tight u are-:lol:but this would be the one u need-:bigthumb: yelp-no problem getting back up off the cement floor--u could nap easy enough-could drink ur beer out of it--u could do ur supervisory duties from it. etc, etc.:lolol:

i just wonder what it costs-oh.:dunno::munch: i think u should get one-so i can try it out on my next visit to ur place-ok:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
Never had anything under me either Giz! Maybe cardboard, but usually just my backside!:thumbup1gif: I'm a bit older now, so maybe I'll have to think on getting a creeper.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,541 Posts
Cardboard if it's dry or if it's wet have a 3' X 8' 1/8" thick rubber walkway matt.

A creeper never tempted me.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Cardboard if it's dry or if it's wet have a 3' X 8' 1/8" thick rubber walkway matt.

A creeper never tempted me.
OC-maybe the one they showed at the Mack truck company should interest u once ur new garage is built. then ur gonna have a cement floor to slide around on---and hey it pretty much stands ya back up-how great is that.:good2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
The quotes I've seen for the human hoist chair list it at between $12,500 and $15,000. Would be handy but a lift would be cheaper. If I had the ceiling height I'd already have the lift installed!

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
The quotes I've seen for the human hoist chair list it at between $12,500 and $15,000. Would be handy but a lift would be cheaper. If I had the ceiling height I'd already have the lift installed!
:empathy::cray:well thanks for the info-but at that price i am outside looking in for sure. as i'm sure ole giz and OC will be too. jeez-what a let down-huh.:munch:

and yeah ur right about a lift being cheaper for sure-as i've seen nice lifts way cheaper nowadays. i got the height for one-my youngest boy almost had me convinced to buy a yr or so ago. he would be the one using it more than me:laugh: well really both boys than. i probably would get to see them more often than.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I vote for cardboard also. I've tried several creepers but never found one that was that comfortable for me. Being long-waisted they are never long enough, I wind up with either my butt or my head hanging off. I had an old Sears wooden creeper that I made longer by cutting a piece of plywood to the size I needed and moving all of the wheels, side rails, and headrest from the creeper over to it, its the only one I will still use occasionally but usually just use cardboard. As someone else said, with Amazon there's always plenty of cardboard around.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,541 Posts
OC-maybe the one they showed at the Mack truck company should interest u once ur new garage is built. then ur gonna have a cement floor to slide around on---and hey it pretty much stands ya back up-how great is that.:good2:
Don't think so Big Jim, I retired from crawling around under things, don't even change the oil and filter in the car
and truck anymore. :laugh:

The one thing I have to get up under, I solved for the most part. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have cheated and installed a lift in my shop. Saves the daylight out of my back. I do have two creepers that use on occasion. The first is a Craftsman professional. I have had it for ever, closing in on 20 years I think. It has one wheel that is loose from the frame but it still works great. I also have a creeper from Mac Tools that folds up in to a seat. It stays mostly as a seat because it sits up a little high when in creeper mode so that means you have to really jack up the vehicle you are on working on. It works really well as a rolling seat so maybe look for a creeper with multiple uses but I am pretty sure the wife paid more than $75 for it.

I have never been able to just get back with cardboard or a piece of wood. I sometimes do that if I am not in my shop but otherwise my body can't hand that hard of a surface. I need some sort of padding or by the time I roll out from underneath I am so stiff, I might as well be that piece of plywood!

My vote is on a craftsman, if they even still sell them. Not sure what they go for these days. I think whatever you get, make sure the wheels are suitable for your surface, it doesn't sit too high off the ground, and appears durable. Nothing worse than spending good money on a tool YOU want to last and have it die on you well before it is expected too.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I vote for cardboard also. I've tried several creepers but never found one that was that comfortable for me. Being long-waisted they are never long enough, I wind up with either my butt or my head hanging off. I had an old Sears wooden creeper that I made longer by cutting a piece of plywood to the size I needed and moving all of the wheels, side rails, and headrest from the creeper over to it, its the only one I will still use occasionally but usually just use cardboard. As someone else said, with Amazon there's always plenty of cardboard around.
^^^

I have an old Craftsman for in garage on concrete floor.

But most of my wrenching is usually outside.
Gizmo needs to buy a new appliance. It comes wrapped in several cardboard driveway creepers.:mocking:
I find they work the best outside.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Big Jim,

You could be using one of these combined with a regular creeper for a lot less than 15k.

now i thought that was funny-made me laugh:lolol:giz-u wanna go half's for one:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
now i thought that was funny-made me laugh:lolol:giz-u wanna go half's for one:laugh:
Pick one up, I'll pay ya back, honest. :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Big Jim,

You could be using one of these combined with a regular creeper for a lot less than 15k.

Lol, the human hoist might come in cheaper!

We have two of those lifts in the house to care for our son. Got the first around 05, it included the ceiling track being installed and they stuck the insurance company around 13 grand! The second install was simply hanging the hoist onto one of the existing trolleys and plugging in the remote for the bargain price of only 9 grand. If that isn't bad enough his power wheelchair could have paid for a nice, new F350, it comes in at around $56k.

·
Premium Member
12,908 Posts
I’m on team cardboard. I think my creeper is the cleanest thing in my garage. I get it out to use a couple times a year, I might actually use it once every 3.
Same here, my creeper hangs on the wall and serves the purpose of holding my cardboard nicely against said wall. :lol:

41 - 60 of 83 Posts