Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
Giz-we all know how tight u are-:lol:but this would be the one u need-:bigthumb: yelp-no problem getting back up off the cement floor--u could nap easy enough-could drink ur beer out of it--u could do ur supervisory duties from it. etc, etc.:lolol:

i just wonder what it costs-oh.:dunno::munch: i think u should get one-so i can try it out on my next visit to ur place-ok:bigthumb:
I think he should buy two and send you one, like the ratchet he sent you. OR maybe YOUR turn to buy, and send him one
The quotes I've seen for the human hoist chair list it at between $12,500 and $15,000. Would be handy but a lift would be cheaper. If I had the ceiling height I'd already have the lift installed!
My zoning did not allow me to build high enough for a lift :nunu:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Bone creeper which gets used mainly for inspection work but when it is time to do the actual work out comes the big, clean sections of cardboard. Spills are easier to contain and I don’t lose tools or parts under the creeper. I make a point of having all the tools I shall need for the project in a tool tray so no getting up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a creeper on asphalt and small wheels don't work well. I just spent $24 on 4" wheels and made some brackets to sling a basic creeper from - replacing the old steel 2" wheels. It works well and I now lay 1 7/8" above ground and used to lay 3" above ground with the 2" wheels. More clearance, smoother movements, and cheap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I have not needed one, but after struggling to get up from my SIL low car, while replacing , the brakes , wheel bearing and passenger CV axle (It also needed tires and a taillight)...I finally broke down and got a $31 one a couple months ago at Walmart. I can get down OK but its a struggle to get up at 60...and the axle had me up and down 20 times while I tried to break the mid bearing loose. (Scion tc)

Anyway after the axle was done, I mostly use it for the seat it becomes...After using it I questioned why for $31 I didn't buy one 30 years ago.:dunno:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SHINN-FU-C-2036D-Z-Creeper-Automotive-Creeper-Z-Creeper-Seat/16933491?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=10&adid=22222222227016737280&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=64371873729&wl4=pla-102078873129&wl5=9007396&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=16933491&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl9-COI2juQo18e88wLgIxlzk1nzaj7i0nEgFaFvjFeA-oUvcZh3Wf6MaAsosEALw_wcB

Z Creeper.jpeg

As a side note, I do not normally work on cars, but his shop quoted him $4K for this job:gizmo:...The parts were less than a $1K , so they were charging 3K for 8 hours of labor...That is how long it took me, so I figure it would have taken them half that time.

Also this is for a smooth cement floor....and I added some bunched up towels for a headrest for comfort and sleeping, I mean contemplating...

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Until about five years ago I used a simple wooden creeper that I bought from a Western Auto store in the 60's - that's over 50 years of service from a $15.00 creeper. I finally sold it at a garage sale for $5.00. For some reason the creeper started getting taller and taller after I retired and I could no longer use it to crawl under my automobile or truck. I now use ramps or jacks with jackstands.
:lolol:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Until about five years ago I used a simple wooden creeper that I bought from a Western Auto store in the 60's - that's over 50 years of service from a $15.00 creeper. I finally sold it at a garage sale for $5.00. For some reason the creeper started getting taller and taller after I retired and I could no longer use it to crawl under my automobile or truck. I now use ramps or jacks with jackstands.
:lolol:
That's a common problem with anything made from wood. It swells up and grows. I have the same problem with the wooden table at my favorite coffee shop booth.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
That's a common problem with anything made from wood. It swells up and grows. I have the same problem with the wooden table at my favorite coffee shop booth.
Its even worse at the Donuts shops...:unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
When I built my shop I had no concept of what a lift cost, then years later I realized they aren't that expensive, 3k gets a pretty nice one. I just need about 4 more feet of side wall.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
When I built my shop I had no concept of what a lift cost, then years later I realized they aren't that expensive, 3k gets a pretty nice one. I just need about 4 more feet of side wall.
X2 ........................:banghead:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Everyone here needs to know that the 10k lift I linked is ASSYMETRICAL, meaning the arms are of 2 different lengths and 2/3 of the vehicle will be hanging on the 2 longer arms. If you are picking up a super duty or HD 4-door truck this can/will put a huge strain on this lift even though it may not overload the lift capacity. I recommend getting the 12k lift for these type trucks. Or at least get a SYMMETRICAL 10k lift, which requires the vehicle to be parked in the MIDDLE of the lift and all arms are the same length.
So, if you have or intend to ever lift a 3/4 or 1-ton diesel truck, go ahead and get a SYMMETRICAL lift, 12k preferred. If you intend to lift cars and regular 1/2-ton trucks, the 12k is a bit unfriendly to use on them and a 10k would be easier.

These 2 post lifts require a 6" slab. If I had it to do over I'd dig a deeper footing where the posts would be mounted. This could be done on existing slabs by renting a concrete saw and cutting out a section where you intend to mount the lift and digging deeper for a new footing for the posts.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
61 - 80 of 83 Posts