Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 1026R and I am wondering if you can purchase an electrical or hand operated devise to adjust the snow deflector on the spout of my 54 inch snow blower?

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
Hello,
I have a 1026R and I am wondering if you can purchase an electrical or hand operated devise to adjust the snow deflector on the spout of my 54 inch snow blower?
Yes, JD does offer a kit. I have one on my 2720 with the 54-inch blower. The kit can vary depending on the tractor due to the handle mount.

Here is what my 2720 mount looks like. The 1026R would be identical except for maybe the bracket to mount the control handle.

Attachments

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got the kit from deere, I think the cable is the same for all models but it depends on the tractor on what type of bracket you get.

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
FWIW Re. that "cable" control. I have exactly the same deflector on my '04 42" blower for my GX. It "used to" sit outside flat which puts both ends up and the middle down. 2 seasons ago after attaching it I found the cable inoperable due to water getting into the cable and rusting. Evidently rain entered both ends as the tarp had blown off.

It took a couple days of working multiple receipes of penetrating oil to the point of hanging it vertically (handle end up) in the shop and fashioning a funnel on the handle end (handle removed) as an oil reservoir. Finally I got it to move about an inch after the first 24 hours and then full movement after the 5th day of "flushing" and working it with penetrant.

I'd strongly suggest finding a way to keep the weather off both ends of that cable if your blower is going to sit outside! Especially if you look at the replacement cost of that cable @ JD, it's made from pure platinum!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,080 Posts
Yes, JD does offer a kit. I have one on my 2720 with the 54-inch blower. The kit can vary depending on the tractor due to the handle mount.

Here is what my 2720 mount looks like. The 1026R would be identical except for maybe the bracket to mount the control handle.
Do you need spacers on the front to run the front chains? What is your profile location?

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
Do you need spacers on the front to run the front chains? What is your profile location?
Yes, I have the JD spacers installed on the front wheels. I am in central PA. The middle photo shows as-delivered and the right photo is after the spacer was installed.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,080 Posts
Yes, I have the JD spacers installed on the front wheels. I am in central PA. The middle photo shows as-delivered and the right photo is after the spacer was installed.
Boy am I getting old or what? After I saw your pictures I went to check and YUP, you and I have covered the spacer thing at least 3 times. Sorry for showing my stupidity.
But hey, it may benefit someone who hasn't seen your post from 2012. :good2:

·
Registered
12,229 Posts
Boy am I getting old or what? After I saw your pictures I went to check and YUP, you and I have covered the spacer thing at least 3 times. Sorry for showing my stupidity.
But hey, it may benefit someone who hasn't seen your post from 2012. :good2:
Don't feel bad, you have additional responsibilities now.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,080 Posts

·
Registered
12,229 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts