Member Vote: Green Tractor Talk's Second $100 Stihl Gift Certificate Giveaway

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone. Its time to put in your vote as to who wins our second (and final) Stihl 100 Dollar Gift Certificate.

A huge thank you to everyone who participated and a special thanks for everyone who incorporated GTT into why they like Deere & Stihl. Without great members who are willing to go out of their way to help others, this site would not exist! I wish I could hand something out to each one of you, but its all up to the members. Everyone gets one vote. You can vote for yourself.

Original thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/green-tractor-talk-com-news-information/4788-green-tractor-talks-second-$100-stihl-gift-certificate-giveaway-august-9-24-2012-a.html

There were really no rules to get in, you just had to post a movie or pictures. I want to announce the winner on Sunday. Please vote ASAP.

Thank you to everyone for supporting GTT.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I appreciate the two votes do far, but I'd like to see someone who needs it more than I do win it. I have one of about everything Stihl has made, and me buying some chainsaw blades will make some boring pictures! I voted for XSkier because he said he was addicted, plus I figure he's just down the road from me so maybe I'll get to try out what he gets :wink:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Best of luck to everyone! I voted for royrector, I really enjoyed his video. :thumbup1gif: Great job Roy! :good2:

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Come on guys...54 views and only 5 votes?

You guys make giving stuff away VERY hard!:lol:

·
Registered
440 Posts
After much hand wringing my vote is cast. Wish we could vote for two. Maybe a 1st and 2nd place contest in the future? My apologies if this has already been suggested.

·
Premium Member
10,065 Posts
Come on guys...54 views and only 5 votes?

You guys make giving stuff away VERY hard!:lol:
The problem is, they all offer different things. Roy's video has great entertainment value, Martian's video really is a movie premier. Xskier's film is a guy putting his equipment to work, and JohnDeere3720 has an excellent pro-grade setup that most of us don't have to play with. Gizmo2, well...what can I say? A very nice homeowner setup, and Gizmo1 looks pretty good on it. Any one of them would be a very deserving winner. :thumbup1gif:

That said, I made my decision. It was very, very close. :munch:

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
:nunu: Not a computer genius, WHERE are these videos you want us to vote on??????

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
:nunu: Not a computer genius, WHERE are these videos you want us to vote on??????
Brian linked to the thread in the first post.

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts
Don't be afraid to vote guys! We need your input!:good2:

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I appreciate the two votes do far, but I'd like to see someone who needs it more than I do win it. I have one of about everything Stihl has made, and me buying some chainsaw blades will make some boring pictures! I voted for XSkier because he said he was addicted, plus I figure he's just down the road from me so maybe I'll get to try out what he gets :wink:
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think it would be in my best interest to get tangled up with you though. My STIHL fever may get transformed into 110 fever. At that point I'd likely be kicked outta the house, momma wants a new boat before another tractor.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,691 Posts
Ok I voted. I will not say who I voted for but I will say I did not vote for myself, there are far better candidates.
Good luck to all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought there was some very creative work that was accomplished by these folks.

Don't take this the wrong way but....
I hope that some chainsaw users, if they win, consider using the money to purchase either safety gear or more health insurance to pay for the recovery costs.

I would love to know how much time Martian used to make that amazing video and what he used for S/W.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I thought there was some very creative work that was accomplished by these folks.

Don't take this the wrong way but....
I hope that some chainsaw users, if they win, consider using the money to purchase either safety gear or more health insurance to pay for the recovery costs.

I would love to know how much time Martian used to make that amazing video and what he used for S/W.
I hear you with the safety gear. If I win and the what money doesn't go into chain, oil, lube, etc. the rest would be safety gear. All of this is dangerous stuff and we really need to protect ourselves. I really like that hearing protection 56FG got, I really need something like it. I mean I have a Stihl chainsaw, a couple weedwackers, loppers, manual pile saw and just about everything else, but I'm lacking some of the safety gear, I have the raw essentials, just not the extras.

As far as the software goes, I think you'll be surprised that the part that took me longest was figuring out how to download the clips from the Internet. All I have to do is select the clip and drag and drop to the preferred location in the films timeline. There's already a set amount of time limited to each and transitions are already installed. This was a template, which is just a whole lot easier, but I can make the same thing from scratch. What took me about 30 minutes with the template would take me hours and hours to make from scratch to similar quality. The software itself is called iMovie, it comes with every Mac. Check it out - the stuff you can do is pretty cool, I wasn't even scratching the surface.

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts
Please get your votes in. There is only a few more hours available for you to participate! It's a close competition right now, so every vote counts!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Please get your votes in. There is only a few more hours available for you to participate! It's a close competition right now, so every vote counts!:thumbup1gif:
What happens in a tie??

Cast your votes before it's to late!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Vote!

Come and get your votes in so we can have a winner!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts