Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery this week of a 2018 2025R with front FEL and a Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter. Will be transporting this a few times a summer to mow a few acres at deer camp. Going to transport on a PJ 20 foot utility trailer. Has dual 3500 pound axels both with brakes and is rated for 7000 lbs. Loading ramp/end gate is a steel framed and steel mesh covered rated according to dealer for 5000 lbs. Gate is 79x50 inches, frame is heavy 2 inch square tube. there are 4 2x2&3/4 inch heavy steel angle iron braces in middle of the gate spaced 13 inches apart. What if anything do I need to do to protect the mesh from bending when loading unloading? Hopefully its as simple as being able to keep tires over the angle iron reinforcements. Thanks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Your tractor may have a wider footprint than mine I have a John Deere 2305 and my tires go between the angle iron bars. When just loading the tractor and FEL and weight box all was well. I also was unloading gravel with the FEL and the mesh was starting to give way. I did some loader work for a friend that could weld and this is what he did. I also have the PJ trailer 16'. After he did the work I added the Gorilla-Lift. I know you should have one on each side a project for another day.

Doug

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Your tractor may have a wider footprint than mine I have a John Deere 2305 and my tires go between the angle iron bars. When just loading the tractor and FEL and weight box all was well. I also was unloading gravel with the FEL and the mesh was starting to give way. I did some loader work for a friend that could weld and this is what he did. I also have the PJ trailer 16'. After he did the work I added the Gorilla-Lift. I know you should have one on each side a project for another day.
Nice job. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Doug
Great idea and I know a welder that owes me a favor or two. I have also installed a Gorilla Lift on my trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts