Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

We brought a 1025R second hand about 6-months ago and it's been running like a dream.
However on the weekend I heard a rattle while reversing and then this metal bracket fell on the ground below the tractor.
We have searched and cannot see where it could be from.
It is about 5mm thick so it's quite substantial and it looks like it hooks in at one end and the other end has broken off.
Does anyone have any ideas?
2019-09-23 17.49.50.jpg
2019-09-23 17.49.57.jpg

Many thanks
Brent

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow you guys are amazing. Such a quick response.
I had never thought a bracket that substantial would be the air cleaner bracket.
I will pull that off and have a look but it definitely looks like it.

Thanks again for your help!

That looks like the infamous 1025R air cleaner bracket.

1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The good news is now you can get the upgraded air cleaner assembly for free through Deere, as i understand it. Get in touch with your dealer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Is anyone keeping a tally of the same mystery part ,what is this part ,this thing fell off ,I ran over this..?

They should all be collected and sent to jd ..cod.:laugh:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow you guys are amazing. Such a quick response.
I had never thought a bracket that substantial would be the air cleaner bracket.
I will pull that off and have a look but it definitely looks like it.

Thanks again for your help!
You will definitely want to carefully check out the engine intake runner cover that the bracket connects to for any damage or cracks.

Better to get a dealer to fix this on the recall than it is to fix yourself, and make sure to mention some concern (and get documented) about the possibility of intake runner cover damage. If it breaks and any hunks of that cover get ingested by the engine, it is a catastrophic failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts