Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for aluminum or steel dust caps and plugs (ideally with chains) to replace the lousy rubber ones which came with my JD 2720.

According to the various parts diagrams:
  • the Mid and Rear SCV connections are 1/4" ISO 5675 AG type; Safeway has steel caps with chains, but none are listed as compatible with ISO 5675
  • the Power Beyond connections are 3/8" ISO 7241 B type
Do you know of a source for compatible metal caps and plugs?

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
I'm searching for aluminum or steel dust caps and plugs (ideally with chains) to replace the lousy rubber ones which came with my JD 2720.

According to the various parts diagrams:
  • the Mid and Rear SCV connections are 1/4" ISO 5675 AG type; Safeway has steel caps with chains, but none are listed as compatible with ISO 5675
The 2720 mid-SCVs are 1/4" but the rear 3rd SCV is much larger. I'm thinking they are 1/2" (standard AG fitting). I find all of the hydraulic sizes ironic because nothing on the 1/2" fitting seems to actually measure 1/2".

Reactions: pcabe5 and PaDave

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,707 Posts
[/LIST]
The 2720 mid-SCVs are 1/4" but the rear 3rd SCV is much larger. I'm thinking they are 1/2" (standard AG fitting). I find all of the hydraulic sizes ironic because nothing on the 1/2" fitting seems to actually measure 1/2".
Most dealers around here will ask you what size connector you want in the back.

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
Most dealers around here will ask you what size connector you want in the back.
That would be nice. They never asked me. I was under the assumption that 1/2" fittings were pretty much standard for rear implements with hydraulics. As an example I've purchased two rear blades that had the factor hydraulic angle option and both came with 1/2" fittings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts