Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the Michigan folks, or those who have dealt with Michigan Dealers, which one do you use. Which ones do you avoid?

·
Registered
224 Posts
In Michigan the biggest JD dealer is Bader and Sons by a long shot. I think they 9 or 11 stores throughout the state so they definitely are the big JD dealer in Mi.

I recently just purchased a used 2005 John Deere Buck 4 wheeler from them and had a really great experience. The ATV was originally was in St. Louis, Mi and they went and transferred the ATV to the Lake City store so I wouldn't have to drive so far. They later told me they had a parts drop site only 6 miles from my house. I live over 65 miles from there dealership in Lake City. Needless to say I was really impressed with their services they offered in my area especially being so far away from their most northern dealership.

I will say if you are looking for a next to new used tractor that Goodworkstractors has by far the best deals going. I've never dealt with them but I see their ads on craigslist and their website and they run some great deals. I also look at their new arrivals and most of the tractors they sell don't stick around long.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Tri-County John Deere is the dealer near me and had good luck with them. I am in between two of their dealerships so if One don’t have what I need the other does. Think they have 7 Dealerships. I also buy my Stihl equipment and parts there also.
Had good luck with them for years now

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
FWIW, I would work with Goodworkstractors if they had something I was interested in, no problem there. My local dealer is Napoleon Lawn & Leisure. I use them for my original JD parts and they've been great. I'm building a relationship with them, so I hope they'll be able to come through when I really need to lean on them and JD.

I think most will be courteous and fair. Test the waters with your local. Whoever you choose, build that relationship. Things break, and you may have to lean on JD sometime. Having that repertoire with the dealer can be worth a lot.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Good thread

I'm way far from Michigan but really like the idea of the thread where hopefully some honest and fair comments will surface. Dealers vary and what might be a good dealer to one person will be a stinker to another based off one or two experiences. Personally, I'm probably less concerned about the sales process than I am the parts and service end, just because I don't buy much new stuff. I still try to know the salesmen and management so if needed, I'm not a total stranger.

I'll be interested in the thread, it should be good stuff.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
12 Posts
I prefer Bader & Sons :bigthumb:. I live near the GM Milford Proving Grounds so I use their dealership in South Lyon. I've always received excellent service by the entire staff. Sales, Parts, and Service Dept. are great people to deal with. I even paid more for the tractor there than a local JD dealer that is closer due to reasons I'll keep to myself :banghead:
!

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I will say if you are looking for a next to new used tractor that Goodworkstractors has by far the best deals going. .

and they are a gtt vendor :yahoo: I never had a problem dealing with any vendor from gtt :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer Bader & Sons :bigthumb:. I live near the GM Milford Proving Grounds so I use their dealership in South Lyon. I've always received excellent service by the entire staff. Sales, Parts, and Service Dept. are great people to deal with. I even paid more for the tractor there than a local JD dealer that is closer due to reasons I'll keep to myself :banghead:
!
I will look into them. I am finishing up some work at GM Proving Grounds. Next visit I will stop in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWIW, I would work with Goodworkstractors if they had something I was interested in, no problem there. My local dealer is Napoleon Lawn & Leisure. I use them for my original JD parts and they've been great. I'm building a relationship with them, so I hope they'll be able to come through when I really need to lean on them and JD.

I think most will be courteous and fair. Test the waters with your local. Whoever you choose, build that relationship. Things break, and you may have to lean on JD sometime. Having that repertoire with the dealer can be worth a lot.
I am currently looking at new, but I’ve heard good things and wouldn’t hesitate to contact Goodworkstractors if looking for a good used tractor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live south of Detroit and closest to me is Sell’s Equipment. In a pinch I will go there however I try not to. The salesman’s attitudes and non competitive prices are enough to make me wait for shipping or travel further.

On the other hand Lecklers Inc in LaSalle MI has always done me right. Good people that always seem to have a very good stock of tractors, parts, and a massive toy section.

When I was shopping for my 2520 I spoke with Bader and sons and was very impressed with the way I was treated. Unfortunately my wallet guided my purchase from Mutton power in Indiana and all I will say right now is I do have some regret about that purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts