Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have Michigan Iron build a mechanical thumb for their 46 backhoe? :munch:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I will be the first then, for $325 they can modify a bolt-on model for the 46.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Are you goin for it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I just need to get some measurements for them off the hoe first. I didn't think the price was bad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm currently work with them on a hydro thumb for my 448 hoe. It should be complete in mid January. MIE has be great to deal with.

Matt

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm currently work with them on a hydro thumb for my 448 hoe. It should be complete in mid January. MIE has be great to deal with.

Matt
That is good to hear...I ordered the thumb for my 46 hoe from them and should have it for Christmas! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Don't forget the pictures.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats awesome! I have a 46 hoe and would like to see it! Please let us know how it works out!!!
I just received the thumb this week, as soon as I have it on I will take some pictures.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get that thumb on yet? would love to see some pics! Have a happy new year!
No, the tractor is up on our other property. Hoping to get up in a couple of weeks and if things work out get the thumb on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
GWH - did you get hydraulic thumb for your backhoe? Would love your feedback if so. I am in the process of buying a used 448 and want to find a thumb that will fit. Thank you -Dana

·
Registered
231 Posts
GWH - did you get hydraulic thumb for your backhoe? Would love your feedback if so. I am in the process of buying a used 448 and want to find a thumb that will fit. Thank you -Dana
No, I have not. I'm looking to upgrade to a 4000 series machine this spring and will be selling the 448 with my 3320. It really came down to mounting the foot valve. I just could not find a spot I was happy with. MIE was really great to deal with during the process though, I wasn't thrilled with the QC setup they currently use and they were more than accommodating in using a different cylinder setup. The QC setup on there video just looks too vulnerable for my liking.

Matt

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Matt. Will call them tomorrow and determine my options. I may just start with the thumb and determine the hydraulics later. I presume I could use my 3rd scv and lever instead of the foot pedal - just need to rig something up to actuate the lever when on the backhoe. Dana

1 - 14 of 14 Posts