Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm putting my poor ol' Simplicity ZT 1850 into semi-retirement. It was fine until 1 1/2 years ago, when we moved and went from just over an acre of easy mowing to 7 acres, mowing half of it, with the other half in uncontrolled pasture right now. I've used this thing as a brush hog taking down grass that has been neglected because of the previous elderly owners illness and then passing away, with their son neglecting it for a year or more after they passed on. So with 2 foot tall grass, I've beat the sh*t out of the Simplicity. The leaking oil pan on the POS B&S engine has pretty much destroyed everything under the machine, and the unfiltered hydraulics have pretty much ate up the Eaton drive motors, with the left one 90% gone, and the right not far behind. That was such a problem that I was unable to power away from the drainage ditch that runs across our property, and I slid it into the ditch Thursday evening, almost rolling it over. I had to jump off as it was sliding in. SCARY!!! I wasn't hurt, THANK GOD, but that pretty much sealed the deal that a new machine had to happen NOW!

I've been looking at high end zero turns, and settled on the Kubota Z326. When the wife LadyT seen it, she said "Why aren't you buying this tractor with the loader and mower and 3 point hitch?" (I love her SOOOOOO much!) So we shifted gears and started finance proceedings on the Kubota BX2660. BUT, the local Kubota dealer LOST our credit app' with ALL our critical personal information!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Still looking at other machines, including the John Deere 1026 Rrrrr, I couldn't find a 60" quick attach deck to try out. We FINALLY found one at Fillmore Equipment in Hastings and tried it out. That quick attach mower is SLICK! Being not a pup anymore (I'm 58), that deck, and the 1026 Rrrrr being MUCH nicer than the Kubota, we signed papers yesterday on the unit with a H120 FEL w/ ballast box and the 60D quick attach loader, to be delivered the 1st week in June. The unit I tried was sold, but not yet delivered..

How did we come out on the lost credit app'? The dealer's attorney had no clue what to do, nor did his insurance company, so on our attorney's advice, we settled for 2 years of identity theft insurance at the expense of the dealer. We agreed, but when LadyT went to pick up the check, he tried to weasel out of the 2nd year. It didn't happen, he isn't happy, and neither are we. I'll NEVER st foot in the Kubota dealer just north of us here in Bellevue. We're still unsure of whether anything has happened in the week of the lost credit app', but we're moving forward.

Looking forward to getting as much help as possible here, and hopefully I can put something useful back into this forum also!

BTW, the tractor is the JD 1026 Rrrrr, the "Pirate" version, according to LadyT.

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
Congrats on the new 1026Rrrrr!

BTW, the tractor is the JD 1026 Rrrrr, the "Pirate" version
:wgtt:

Can't say I've seen or heard of the Rrrrr pirate version of the 1026R. :lol: But you'll definitely be happy with at least the basic 1026R! :thumbup1gif: I'm curious, does the Rrrrr version have extra conveniences such as provisions for hook 'n hand steering?:laugh: I got the 1026Racing model. The flames add an additional 5hp and 25mph.:mocking:

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mow Diddley,

You're going to love that 1026Rrrrr. I got mine last month (with 60D auto-connect and H120). It makes a great estate tractor for my 1 acre lot with bluff down to the lake.

I too, checked out the Kubota tractors prior to buying. My Kubota dealer was also a John Deere dealer. He had about 7 Kubota tractors lined up down one side of his showroom and a similiar number of John Deere tractors lined up down the opposite side. Interestingly, Mr Salesman thought the new 1026R was untested and "had problems" as he tried to steer me toward the Kubota 2360 (I think that was the Kubota model anyway).

Well, I went to several JD dealers and some other brand dealers as well. I ended up buying from a dealer that sold ONLY John Deere tractors and I've been completely satisfied with my entire experience so far.

Happy tractoring!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're not sure yet what the "Pirate" version will include, but a few extra "Rrrrr"s will be included on the side panels, and LadyT is talking about an eye patch for the John the Deere.:crazy:

A roto tiller is high on the list of attachments.

I'm thinking of adding the rear hydraulic ports, thinking about log splitter usage. Sound like a good idea?

·
Premium Member
10,200 Posts
I'm curious, does the Rrrrr version have extra conveniences such as provisions for hook 'n hand steering?:laugh:
I think it comes with a parrot. :good2:

Congrats on the new tractor! We'll want to see pictures when it arrives, so we all know what the Rrrr model looks like. :munch:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered up the "power beyond" option today. Thanks for the input!
Priced the pallet fork attachment. That's going to wait. Maybe something to build for that price, especially when I've seen forks advertised in the Auto-RV magazine. Anyone else make one similar?
How about a 3 pt "carry all" or similar for a sprayer? Right now, I have a 15 gallon wand sprayer I use for the fruit trees. Are all the 30 gallon boom sprayers trailer units, or are there some that are 3 pt also?

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
I ordered up the "power beyond" option today. Thanks for the input!
Priced the pallet fork attachment. That's going to wait. Maybe something to build for that price, especially when I've seen forks advertised in the Auto-RV magazine. Anyone else make one similar?
How about a 3 pt "carry all" or similar for a sprayer? Right now, I have a 15 gallon wand sprayer I use for the fruit trees. Are all the 30 gallon boom sprayers trailer units, or are there some that are 3 pt also?
Have you looked at Artillian.com? These forks are perfect for our smaller tractors. Super strong yet light weight and he makes several different models. Chris has an awesome reputation and has excellent customer service.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.