Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you need to contact a human for support at Microsoft, use the links below.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/windows/tech-services/

This is the reason I needed to contact them.

This week I went from hating Microsoft to loving them. I purchased a Windows 10 upgrade from home version to pro version from Microsoft.com. The upgrade is all done from the Microsoft website.
After the upgrade finished, I thought everything went fine. A couple of days later, I noticed a watermark on the screen that stated that Windows was not activated. I went the the activation page on the computer & found some activation error messages. The page also showed that my Windows 10 version was now the Enterprise version. I first called Microsoft's activation line. I made 4 calls & could never get to a live person.

I then searched online for the problem I was having. I found several other people that had the same issue recently. There were lots of try this suggestions. I did finally find the answer. The person posted a link to a Microsoft Support page that includes several ways to contact a human person at Microsoft. I used the online chat option. I did not have to wait. I did have to make 2 contacts to solve the problem. The online chat requires the techs logging onto your computer & taking control of it. The first online chat was about 45 minutes. It did not solve the problem, even though tech stated he was great at this and assured me that the problem was solved. The second tech only needed 5 minutes to correct the problem.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/windows/tech-services/

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
I'm so glad I haven't had the need for MS support ever since I installed Win 10 Pro on our (mine and wife's) computers.:good2:

Looks like the Enterprise version is geared more for business.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so glad I haven't had the need for MS support ever since I installed Win 10 Pro on our (mine and wife's) computers.:good2:

Looks like the Enterprise version is geared more for business.
Enterprise is for larger businesses with several computers. I had never heard of it, until it ended being installed on my computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts