Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used JD 3026r with a quick connect 72D mower. It also has the front 3 point hitch and PTO for a snow blower. When I installed the mower deck, it is high in the back but the front skid show still rubs the ground. I cannot figure out how to level the mower from front to back. It also has the electric switch in the joy stick to raise and lower the deck. It is connect to one of the hydraulic valves on the back. Anyone have any ideas for me to level the deck? Thank you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have to remove the mower and adjust the two yokes at the end of the front carrier, attached to the front center of the deck. Backing them off will lower the deck front to back, and screwing them farther on will increase hieght front to back. You want to adjust them evenly.

OMLVU30964

Rick

·
Premium Member
14,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,144 Posts

·
Administrator
18,797 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
234 Posts
You have to remove the mower and adjust the two yokes at the end of the front carrier, attached to the front center of the deck. Backing them off will lower the deck front to back, and screwing them farther on will increase hieght front to back. You want to adjust them evenly.

OMLVU30964

Rick
I have doubts he will get them even and also the book for my 72D that's on my 3039R says the rear of the deck should be about an eighth of an inch higher than the front. The best i could do on mine was about a quarter inch difference from front to rear. Everything else you said about the adjustment is right on the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts