Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have also posted this elsewhere.
Many people ask if it is possible to install the mid PTO on the PRT transmission. There is some confusion because Build Your Own does not offer it as an option, suggesting to the potential customer that it is only available on the eHydro models.

Not True. The Mid PTO is driven off the gears for the rear PTO and the PRT transmission is all set up to take the parts.

Momma Deere has a MID PTO kit that goes right in. It costs a little under $600 at your local Deere parts counter. It comes with everything you need except the Low Vyscosity hydraulic fluid to refill the transmission ( 6+ gallons. You need a big drain bucket). The instructions are well written, although the photos are not great as some of them are computer screens from the solid model they used to design it. Nevertheless, with the parts in front of you it's easy to figure out as you start putting the pieces in. The only thing not clear is that the rear plug on the transmission they tell you to remove is a plastic pressed in plug that pops right out from the inside. It's were the PTO lever connects.

It takes about 4 hours start to finnish, it's easy and if you own a decent torque wrench it's almost certainly within your ability to do it easily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very nicely done Charley

Good Job! :thumbup1gif: Hey, do ya have any kit or part numbers you can pass along?

And THANKS for sharing.

Almost forgot, what are you running from it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

The part number is: LVB25537

I partly did it because I could, but I am also buying the front 3pt hitch for the tractor as well as the 59" snowblower. I am also considering other front mounted things for the hitch as I figure out how I am going to manage my farm.

I actually plan on putting a front 3pt hitch on the 2720 ( it's a Deere option in Europe - same design as the 3320's, in this case I'll use the 3320 hitch as a pattern to build one) and putting the 59" snowblower on the 2720 but I wanted the option of putting the blower on the 3320 as well - just in case.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks guys,

The part number is: LVB25537

I partly did it because I could, but I am also buying the front 3pt hitch for the tractor as well as the 59" snowblower. I am also considering other front mounted things for the hitch as I figure out how I am going to manage my farm.

I actually plan on putting a front 3pt hitch on the 2720 ( it's a Deere option in Europe - same design as the 3320's, in this case I'll use the 3320 hitch as a pattern to build one) and putting the 59" snowblower on the 2720 but I wanted the option of putting the blower on the 3320 as well - just in case.
Is the hitch built by Laforge, or Zuidberg??

Gonna post pics, right?? :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post pics as soon as it comes in. It looks a lot like a Zuidberg but the hooks are different as I recall. Could be theirs anyway with a contracted modification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3203 Application

I have a question about the mid PTO kits. Can the LVB25537 Mid PTO kit be installed on a JD 3203? I really want to use a mid mount mower so my wife can drive it and not wreck all the fences. I have been scouring the net looking for answers and my local dealer wants to sell me a finishing mower. Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Welcome to GTT Wade.

I have a question about the mid PTO kits. Can the LVB25537 Mid PTO kit be installed on a JD 3203? I really want to use a mid mount mower so my wife can drive it and not wreck all the fences. I have been scouring the net looking for answers and my local dealer wants to sell me a finishing mower. Can anyone help?
The short answer to your question is no, the 3203 cannot be equipped with a mid-PTO. This was sold as a no-frills, bare bones economy tractor with a hydrostatic tranny, and there is just not many options for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts