Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone plugged the two inch hitch with the Heavy Hitch ripper/middle buster into the Artillian two inch receiver/pallet frame adaptor on a front end loader? This seems to me to be a way to use lift, curl, and some downward pressure to exert some surgical finesse on some roots and small stumps and otherwise loosen up some hard soil for those of us without a back hoe? Realizing I don't have a bulldozer and being mindful not to twist my loader frame..... Is this bad idea? Am I missing something here? It looks like it would do more than probing with my pallet forks?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have not had any customers comment on doing that, but it is interesting...I guess it would be dependent on what size machine you be attempting this with.:dunno:

·
Registered
197 Posts
...being mindful not to twist my loader frame.....
That would be my concern. I suspect that would be more force/pressure than the loader is designed for. Maybe I am a bit over cautious, but I don't think I would do that...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HH ripper on 2” loader receiver.

HH ripper pointed forward on Artillian plate works great to loosen soil and pop small roots. Came in later with front hoe. In the absence of a backhoe it works nicely on small stumps. I operate it in the same manner that people use their buckets everyday. No side to side action. Reasonable downward pressure, alternate between lift and curl. I don’t use my bucket like bull dozer and this is no different. Think of it as a high heel shoe. Concentrating the forces on a small area. I would never dream of dragging it forward off the front. It made the front hoe much more useful.

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
I honestly don't think I'd try that, or at least not in our ground here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts