Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Narrowed it down to this or the KubotA B2601.

-I like the 2025r but my main concerns are the 2 range HST (would prefer 3) and same loader lift capacity as the 1025r (would expect it to be more). Can anyone comment on these concerns?

-Dealer told me I should get a 48” box blade. With a 49” width, wouldn't a 54” be a better fit?

-Dealer only has 1 in stock and will have to order a loader for it. Any issue if the tractor wasn’t originally ordered with a loader or will it be identical?

-Anything else I should be aware of / ask about?

Thanks!!!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,841 Posts
You will have 80-90 lbs more lift capacity than a 1025 due to higher hydraulic pressure, no real difference between a FIL and a dealer installed. The 48" box blade works well with mine, but it will handle a larger box blade fine depending on what you are doing with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run the BB5060L on my 2025R and it does a fine job with it. I suppose some soil types may be problematic but I've not encountered that. I highly recommend liquid ballast in the rear tires and tire weights. It made a huge difference in traction and stability for my applications.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Narrowed it down to this or the KubotA B2601.

-I like the 2025r but my main concerns are the 2 range HST (would prefer 3) and same loader lift capacity as the 1025r (would expect it to be more). Can anyone comment on these concerns? What I've read about the 3 ranges on the Kubotas is that the top range has little use other than for going down a paved surface. The top range on the 2025R is plenty fast enough, considering safety. I'd be surprised that the 1025R has more lift capacity than a 2025R. The 2025R's is good, but I haven't hauled 22 tons of gravel with it like I did with the 4010's.

-Dealer told me I should get a 48” box blade. With a 49” width, wouldn't a 54” be a better fit? Don't know about a box blade, but I would not want a wider (5') bush hog on the 2025R because it would stick out to the sides: too easy to hang it on something.

-Dealer only has 1 in stock and will have to order a loader for it. Any issue if the tractor wasn’t originally ordered with a loader or will it be identical? Cannot beat the H130 loader: best loader among the 4010, 1025R and 2025R. The one on the 1025R was awful. Never could tell when it just might decide to dump. The 2025R's is virtually goof proof.

-Anything else I should be aware of / ask about? How to get at those nasty JD driveshaft Ujoints and whether they're getting their PTO buttons from a more reliable vendor like was for the 4010's.

Thanks!!!! :thumbup1gif:
Crazy. Says I need 4 more characters. This is them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've never had a problem with the 2 range selection. As you mentioned, the high gear on a 3 range is typically only for travel and pretty useless for any real work.

The loader will have slightly better specs as mentioned. I am about to move A LOT of gravel around preparing to build my new garage/shop, I have no concerns with this. Yes, it isn't a CAT 934 loader, but I'll get the job done.

I run a 5' rotary cutter also. With the machine being physically bigger (and longer) it handles it with no problems. On a 1025R, it might be a little much.

Also, you're a member of GTT. That right there should lead you to green :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
No issue with the 2 range hydro. On this size machine, I cant see it being a make or break issue.
Loader, no difference as mentioned. Also as mentioned, it will have more capacity. Depending on the set pressure, it could be more than the spec, just due to differences in relief pressure settings from the factory. It SHOULD be the spec'd difference, but that would require each one to be set exactly at a certain pressure spec, and its a range, AND some have come from the factory lower than they should have been.
If you plan to do loader work, and you must or you wouldnt likely be getting the loader, Id STRONGLY suggest getting the Imatch hitch and a ballast box at least with the tractor.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The two range hydro will only come into play depending on what attachments you are wanting to use. A 48” box blade is all a 1025 can handle to full capacity so a 2025 will be right with it. Of course if you’re using The box blade to less than full capacity then it’ll pull a wider one. I think you’ll be fine with a 53”.

If you’re going to be plowing or disking then you will greatly miss the three range hydro. If you really use the box blade like I do then you might miss it. For all other tasks you will not miss the 3 range. Low range is plenty powerful for going up hill pulling a trailer or scooping up dirt with the loader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a gen 1 and love it. 54 box blade is much better than 48', but difficult to find. Just order one from Everything Atttchments and wait for it.

Reactions: Firehawkmph

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Bought the 2025r! Went to both the KubotA and the Deere dealers this morning. The Deere just felt better and was cheaper. I guess that Orange paint is more expensive. ? thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Update: Bought the 2025r! Went to both the KubotA and the Deere dealers this morning. The Deere just felt better and was cheaper. I guess that Orange paint is more expensive. ? thank you all for your help.
Congratulations! We will be expecting some pictures because we like pictures. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pappa

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread yesterday, but it seems you’ve made the right decision without my influence. Congratulations on the new tractor!

·
Banned
6,070 Posts
Pictures please! We're waiting patiently! Congratulations!:yahoo:

Attachments

Reactions: rjpoog1989

·
Registered
438 Posts
You made the right decision I love mine. Get the lighter Frontier forks. They don't weigh as much as the others and therefore will lift more. I added a receiver to mine to move trailers. Mostly because I keep my flat bed and tilt bed where the truck can't get them. But it will easily move my travel trailer as well.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
How I added the receiver. I used some 2" by 1/4" flat bar and a 2 1/2 to 2 adapter from Walmart. I also made the center slot on the bottom longer so if the forks are in the center I can just tilt forward to remove them. And pick them up to install them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: North585

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! So excited! Should be a week or two for delivery.

Can someone link to the right titan forks for this?

Also what size pirhana bar? I know I’m supposed to measure but would like a sanity check. ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Titan forks weigh twice as much as the Frontier light ones. About the same price. There is not enough lift capacity to need the heavier forks. Not worth the lost capacity of the heavier Titan forks. Get a price on the Frontier set from your dealer first.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Thanks! So excited! Should be a week or two for delivery.

Can someone link to the right titan forks for this?

Also what size pirhana bar? I know I’m supposed to measure but would like a sanity check. ?
Pallet Fork Attachments - John Deere Compatible Attachments - Tractor Attachments

I opted for the 42" made-in-China pallet fork attachment at $449 with free shipping. It fits my 120R loader perfectly and has been completely reliable. It has the 2" receiver built in. Total weight is 284 lbs -- the frame itself weighs 106 lbs. My tractor is a 1-series. I haven't run out of lifting power often enough to make it worthwhile for me to have gone for a set of the forks from other companies, lighter but at almost twice the price by the time shipping is figured in. But do check your dealer for pricing on the Frontier forks. They may be cheap enough there to make the extra cost worth your while, depending on your needs.

I dunno know about measuring for the Piranha bar. They have ready-made versions pre-sized for the John Deere 49 and 53 inch buckets. BXpanded Piranha Toothbar,

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Get the AP10’s. Use them in my 2038, plenty strong enough. I think they are the lightest choice on the market. Rated for 1250 pounds, which is plenty. Love mine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Get the AP10’s. Use them in my 2038, plenty strong enough. I think they are the lightest choice on the market. Rated for 1250 pounds, which is plenty. Love mine.
That's what I have as well. 198#s vs 345#s for Titan. When the lift at the pin is only 900#s that's a large increase in lifting power. I am thinking of getting a set of 36" forks. They are just standard forks so any of the same class will fit. I use manufactured logs all winter. They come in a 2 ton pallet It breaks into 3 smaller pallets when the wrap and straps come off. I take them around my house and set them in through the French doors. The shorter forks will make the lift capacity higher and when I separate the pallets I need to lift from the tips. Also when I set them in as the is a step outside the door. I bought a pallet and tried my 2025R and it did it. But not as easy as the old grey market smaller tractor did. It would lift until the back end came up. It had 36" forks and they worked better for that. But I want the 42" for everything else. 36" forks weigh about 25#s less as well as moving the weight back when the pallet is on the tip. So they should be better.

Reactions: Yank
1 - 20 of 25 Posts