Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an agricultural show today and among all the big equipment I saw a Lane Shark mower. It's designed to mount on the FEL of a compact tractor and run off appropriate CUT hydraulics of between 8 gpm and 20 gpm. They put the appropriate hydraulic motor on the unit to match your tractor capacity.

Lane Shark USA The Only FEL Mounted Brush Cutter Designed For The Midsize Tractor

It's a rough cut front mower, off set mower and a vertical brush/tree limb cutter. Interesting piece of equipment.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
How much?

Only one dealer on West coast...lots down south.

I could have used this today..1/2 mi driveway is a pita.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About 4 grand

How much?

Only one dealer on West coast...lots down south.

I could have used this today..1/2 mi driveway is a pita.
Right around 4 grand plus or minus depending on the version you get.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
22 Posts
i

The local JD dealer sells those here. In fact, I saw one in use just the other day on a property that is along my drive to work. It was on a large JD tractor, 5 series I think. Looks interesting.

·
Administrator
22,627 Posts
Tim and I looked at a copy of the Lane Shark at the NFMS earlier in the year, here is the video:

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Old Pa-pa
14,646 Posts
Man that is a tempting device for ditch banks, but 4 big ones for it!!

2 - 2 1/2 big ones for it would be very tempting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Reviving an older thread.
Looking at this and I see one huge difference between the Lane shark and the Trail blazer

Even the smaller TrailBlazer requires 9 to 14 gallons per minute

Laneshark: only requires 5 to 8.5GPM

Seems that the laneshark is better suited to my 2038R. Anyone have real world experience?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Several companies offering this type of attachment. I would love to have any of them.

This seems to be the most basic one and cheapest

Reactions: ChuckMeyer

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks!
Thats another option, but it also requires more flow than my 2038R provides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one that I put on my 4066R. The dealer "plumbed" it. All they had to do was fab up some long 1/2" hoses and ran them both to the back. The "power" end went in the 5th SCV and the return went to Power Beyond return. We have about 5 miles of trails through hardwoods and with about 15 hours on this thing, it is amazing! Prior to this, it was limb saws.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m looking for a similar implement to use with my 20 HP 4100. The Trailblazer jr seems the best option. Currently getting a price from my local dealer. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m looking for a similar implement to use with my 20 HP 4100. The Trailblazer jr seems the best option. Currently getting a price from my local dealer. I’ll keep you posted.
Well after talking to two different dealers, neither the Trailblazer or the Lane Shark will be available until next year due to supply problems. Also the 4100 is too small for the Lane Shark. So there’s that. 😕

1 - 15 of 15 Posts