Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started using Milwaukee tools, so I thought I'd start a review thread. I will say that I am not a pro and I don't use these things every single day, but I've been very pleased with the performance and they've never flinched at anything that I've thrown at them.

M18™ 1/2" Compact Brushless Hammer Drill/Driver

I picked the compact version as I use the belt clip and hang it on my right front pocket. The power is just plain awesome. I've run hole saws up to 4" with no problems, screwed all of the OSB on the interior walls of the barn and everything else that I've need a drill, or driver for. My favorite feature is that the light stays on after you let the trigger go for a period of time.

M18™ 1/4" Hex Brushless Impact Driver - TOOL ONLY

Good lord this thing has some torque. It was instrumental in the barn build as well. When it comes to sinking lag screws, using it on nuts and bolts, this thing has some serious grunt to it. I usually use the 2.0 battery in it as well.

I generally use the M18™ REDLITHIUM™ 2.0 Compact Battery Pack in them and it has always lasted until I wanted a break and it charges very quickly.

M18™ Jig Saw

Well, it's a Jig Saw and it's a good one too. It took me just a little practice getting the blade in correctly (straight), but that was short lived and a non-issue now. It does everything that I ask it to do as well.

M18™ Compact Blower
This is a nice little blower for around the barn, garage and whatnot when I don't feel like, or need to crank up the Husky backpack blower.

M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC 4.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack

M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack

I have these extended capacity batteries that I use in the saw and blower.

1/2" Hammer Drill

I don't need a big hammer drill often, but I need it enough that renting one is too much of a pain. I got a corded one since it is infrequent use and I've never needed it where there wasn't power available. If I do, then I can take the generator.

Well, that's what I've got. All of the tools have been flawless, both the drill and impact driver have taken trips off of the roof of the barn with no ill affects. The power from all of the tools is amazing and the battery recharge times are great too. I never bought a second charger, because I haven't needed it.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I purchased a 1/2 drill years ago from Milwaukee. I Got a 90 degree head that bolts on and depending on which end you mount will increase or decrease the rpm's slightly. The thing is so old it is 12 volts. Last time the battery packs croaked I had them rebuilt by a local battery shop and they made it have way more ampere hours. I had to clean the brushes from sticking one time but it was easy to work on. Came in a nice metal case too. I like their tools, we abuse a couple of their corded drills at work and they take punishment very well.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Now this thread I can contribute to. :good2: I've got a bunch of Milwaukee power tools, all of them have performed well but the 1/2" Fuel impact is the favorite. I haven't ran into anything that it couldn't remove that my IR 231 pneumatic one could.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
My Milwaukee cordless tools (1/2 hammer-drill and Sawzall) are the old 18v NiCad or NIMH battery powered ones, and they work great. The batteries punk out quickly; but that's the technology of the time and not Milwaukee's fault. The hammer-drill has lost its hammer and I think the brushes are dying as it's starting to emit that lovely electrical smell when it's being used. I can't complain as it's done everything I've asked of since I bought it way back inn the early 2000's or whenever they came out with it.

I also have a M12 Li-Ion powered right-angle drill. That thing has a surprising amount of torque for a small drill and it's compact size has been quite handy in tight spaces.

I'm also happy with the Milwaukee accessories I have. Although I don't use it often; one of the handiest is the handle that allows me to use Sawzall blades in it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I wanted to start a thread also on Milwaukee tool but didn't have time.

I have a pile if them. :gizmo: I will later today take some pictures and post them.
Thanks for starting this thread. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a few pictures of some of my Milwaukee tools
20170419_132535.jpg 20170419_132528.jpg 20170419_132339.jpg 20170419_132201.jpg 20170419_132110.jpg 20170419_132036.jpg 20170419_131819.jpg 20170419_130909.jpg 20170419_130647.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,116 Posts
I have a few pictures of some of my Milwaukee tools
That's what I'm talking about. One stop shopping for reviews. :good2:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,423 Posts
Totally sold on Milwaukee power tools.
Have an ancient (+30 year old) big "shipyard grinder" still going strong.
My go to grinder is a 4 1/2", over 10 years old, going great.
1/2" M18 Fuel impact tool, it's an animal that won't be stopped, 1100 lbs. reverse torque.
3/8" M18 Fuel impact tool, handy as heck for taking general stuff apart.
3/8" M12 ratchet, good for tight spots.
10,000 lbs. M18 grease gun, just a pleasure to use compared to hand operated guns.
Corded Super Sawzall, another animal.

Note: Just saw on an email from Northern Tool, they have a 14" Milwaukee chop saw on sale for $139.
If I didn't already have a DeWalt, I'd probably go for it.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Always loved my old rock solid Milwaukee tools I've had for about 20 years

1/2 hole shooter w/ 90 degree attachment...

IMG_8463.JPG

Faithful Sawzall..

IMG_8466.JPG

Hole saw kit..

IMG_8465.JPG

Hammer drill w/ stone dead batteries( hence trying the Dewalt 18 as those Milwaukee bats were terrible)

IMG_8464.JPG

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've got a bunch of Milwaukee power tools, all of them have performed well but the 1/2" Fuel impact is the favorite. I haven't ran into anything that it couldn't remove that my IR 231 pneumatic one could.
One more vote for the Fuel brushless 1/2" impact gun, it's amazing. No need for my air impact gun any longer. I'm a huge fan of Milwaukee cordless tools.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You fellas take very good care of your tools or else you don't use them frequently.........THEY ARE CLEAN and IN CASES. Have been thru the 18 volt , love the 28 volt and just now trying the 18 volt fuel. We use ours daily. Can't say enough good about Milwaukee. Plumber borrowed the 28 volt driver drill last year and broke his arm with the torque. His boss was not happy....but heck job got done. Still have their corded tools stuck around somewhere......just don't need them with the quality of their battery tools.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Oh man, was that a boroscope? How much was that puppy?
Yes it is a horoscope. I got it off of e-bay. Got lucky won the bid for $150. It's like new. The guy hardly use it. It came with two cable 9.5 mm and 17mm plus SD card.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Always loved my old rock solid Milwaukee tools I've had for about 20 years

Hammer drill w/ stone dead batteries( hence trying the Dewalt 18 as those Milwaukee bats were terrible)

View attachment 350074
That looks like my hammer-drill. The keyless chuck was useless when using it as a hammer-drill as the vibration kept loosening the chuck. I had the local Milwaukee service center put a keyed chuck on it. They exchanged the chuck while I waited for no charge. :good2: Yeah, it's a bit of a nuisance to look for the key now and then; but it was worth it. If my 12v right angle drill's keyless chuck is any indication, Milwaukee has improved them over the years.

I forgot to mention that I have a Milwaukee heat gun that was made in Germany or Switzerland that I think is a re-badged Steinel. Milwaukee no longer offers it as I suspect it received too many customer complaints. Don't get me wrong, it works quite well; but it needs improvement in the temperature control lever should be a thumb wheel that is easier to control, the high speed setting could pump out more air, and the temperature readout needs to be switchable from Stupidheit to Celsius.

I also like my Milwaukee hole saw kit.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My FSIL just got a 18V water pump. Pretty much just for draining old water heaters. Only got to use it on one but it works great.

·
Registered
740 Posts
At the fabrication shop I work in, we are given free range to pick out the tools for our workstations. I requested and received a Milwaukee 4 1/2" angle grinder about a year and a half ago and it is still going strong. It gets 5-6 days of abuse every week. I have an identical grinder at home which has served me well for over 10 years. I have never had another angle grinder last as long as a Milwaukee.

·
Registered
740 Posts
At the fabrication shop I work in, we are given free range to pick out the tools for our workstations. I requested and received a Milwaukee 4 1/2" angle grinder about a year and a half ago and it is still going strong. It gets 5-6 days of abuse every week. I have an identical grinder at home which has served me well for over 10 years. I have never had another angle grinder last as long as a Milwaukee.
I figured that a point of reference or control group should be included in this review in order for it to be fair:

About the same time I got my Milwaukee at work, two of my coworkers got comparably priced DeWalt grinders and one got a slightly more expensive Metabo grinder. All grinders live within the same shop and all have gotten about the same amount of use/abuse.

Both of the power switches in the DeWalt grinders failed about a week apart from each other after a little over a year of service. One was replaced with another DeWalt, the other with a Milwaukee. Both are still going strong.
The Metabo is on its third gearbox and in spite of this, the fabricator who uses it insists that there is no better angle grinder in the whole world. He is also an idiot on so many different levels.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts