Green Tractor Talk banner

241 - 260 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
So, who has a Milwaukee chainsaw,, besides me? :dunno:

I have a question,, :flag_of_truce:

How do I remove the scrench from the bottom of the saw?

(of course, I want to remove it without breaking the saw, or my finger!! :good2:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So, who has a Milwaukee chainsaw,, besides me? :dunno:

I have a question,, :flag_of_truce:

How do I remove the scrench from the bottom of the saw?

(of course, I want to remove it without breaking the saw, or my finger!! :good2:)

You don't....It voids the warrenty

It just pulls straight out with the scrench removal tool.........Its tight . Pry it out with a screwdriver as your finger won't fit in the hole.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Replacing my standard Milwaukee fuel trimmer with the new Quik Lok version along with the edger and pole saw. Got to use the edger and have to say it works quite well. Hopefully get to use the polesaw sometime in the next few days so the ROPS on the zero turn stops hitting limbs

Specs show the two trimmers weigh the same but the quick lok version sure feels heavier

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Replacing my standard Milwaukee fuel trimmer with the new Quik Lok version along with the edger and pole saw. Got to use the edger and have to say it works quite well. Hopefully get to use the polesaw sometime in the next few days so the ROPS on the zero turn stops hitting limbs

Specs show the two trimmers weigh the same but the quick lok version sure feels heavier

My new one I bought last fall has a click lock sound anytime you start it or stop it. Is that the same thing????

Dave

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Ever have any issues with the standard version?
Never an issue, had it for two or so years. Absolutely love it.

My new one I bought last fall has a click lock sound anytime you start it or stop it. Is that the same thing????

Dave

LOL....afraid not

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have the standard one, just over a year, no issues so far, plenty of power....

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
If I didn’t have a Stihl trimmer from my last property, I’d be all about the Milwaukee version.

The little worklight I got in the secret Santa swap is incredible, I don’t know how I got along before this thing. It USB charges pretty quickly, is crazy bright and the magnetic base with the angle makes positioning a breeze.

Sorry that it’s a little dirty Santa. It’s not that I don’t take care of it, I just use it for everything! :good2:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If I didn’t have a Stihl trimmer from my last property, I’d be all about the Milwaukee version.
After getting the Milwaukee trimmer I sold my Stihl FS250R....don't regret the move one bit

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The new pole saw and edger work great. Very impressed

·
Old Pa-pa
11,151 Posts
CPO had a sale going on the M18 Hackzall, been wanting one, rainy day, bored, so pulled the trigger.

With the metal cutting Mil. Elec. *Torch* blades and the wood cutting blades, should get a lot of use out of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
M18 16ga straight finish nailer

I tried the 15ga nailer, it worked great but split some smaller moulding. I returned it and got the 16ga. Used it for some cabinet work today. It is LOUD. We shot 2 1/2” nails thru maple frames and plywood. It left a few sticking out, but I think that was more us not pushing down hard enough. It was nice to just go work and not have to setup compressors and hoses. No hose made it nice shoot inside the cabinets without having to figure out how to reach in corners and not lay on the hose. Overall real happy with it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,232 Posts
CPO had a sale going on the M18 Hackzall, been wanting one, rainy day, bored, so pulled the trigger.

With the metal cutting Mil. Elec. *Torch* blades and the wood cutting blades, should get a lot of use out of it:
You will not regret it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Just picked up a smokin deal on some Milwaukee batteries and other stuff. 7 regular chargers, 2 rapid chargers, 6-5.0 xc batteries, 1-2.0 battery, brushless drill and impact(not fuel), and 2 cloth carry case's. 300$. Dude use to be a Milwaukee rep. He said he has some 6.0 and 12.0 batteries that he'll look for, just moved so allot of his stuff is still packed up. I told him to give me first right at them, he said no prob.

This couldn't have been a better time. Allot of my batteries are starting to fail after a couple years of use(daily use).

IMG_20190714_134320.jpg

·
Old Pa-pa
11,151 Posts
Just picked up a smokin deal on some Milwaukee batteries and other stuff. 7 regular chargers, 2 rapid chargers, 6-5.0 xc batteries, 1-2.0 battery, brushless drill and impact(not fuel), and 2 cloth carry case's. 300$. Dude use to be a Milwaukee rep. He said he has some 6.0 and 12.0 batteries that he'll look for, just moved so allot of his stuff is still packed up. I told him to give me first right at them, he said no prob.

This couldn't have been a better time. Allot of my batteries are starting to fail after a couple years of use(daily use).
Dammmmmmn!!!

Now I have to call that a score! :good2::good2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you sweat buy the Milwaukee shirts

They are awesome! I sweat like it’s raining during summer. Usually 3-5 shirt changes per day. HD had them on sale for $25. First day I wore, it made a HUGE difference in my comfort. I didn’t change shirts once, not even for the drive home. It didn’t stop me from sweating, but wicked it off me consistently and dried quickly. The tail even ordering tall is a little short when reaching overhead. It could also use a little more room across the shoulders, it may be the way the seams are sewn lower rather than across the top. I highly recommend and will be ordering a few more.

*Note: Home Depot has an online deal right now for Milwaukee tape measures a 25 and 16 for $10.97. I just ordered 8, standout on the 16 isn’t great, but generally 16s aren’t.

·
Registered
360 Posts

View attachment 695490
Getting chargers like candy even second hand
I've probably got 5 of them I could sell.
"Oh you want to buy this Milwaukee tape measure, here's a free rapid charger!".
I bet you that guy getting 2 tapes for $10 will be pleasantly surprised when he gets like 15 chargers too

·
Registered
360 Posts

So working in a garage where we regularly have access to my fuel sawzall and my buddies hackzall, I will say you will be happy with your purchase beyond belief.
The only time we opt for the sawzall is when we're basically going to burn through blades and 12 amp/hr batteries since you can apply quite a bit more pressure to the sawzall before stalling it out. For any heavy use 5.0 batteries and above recommended. It will over heat a 1.5/2.0 battery pretty well. Have probably gone through roughly 500 ft of 1/4 inch steel at this point with both. For demo style work, plug in a 12.0 battery and you will have everything out of a kitchen in no time flat. The one handed operation of it makes it shine in those instances.

241 - 260 of 274 Posts