Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
never heard of it, but I'm a dewalt guy. I tend to stick with the more common websites that don't take the brands name. i.e. toolnut, acme, CPO (But not a fan of CPO) to get my non-local big box purchased battery powered tools.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
I have ordered some Milwaukee tools from Home depot. I have been happy with the price and servfice.

·
Super Moderator
6,999 Posts
t's a cheapo fly-by-night setup. All their info is canned garbage and they stole all the pics used on the site. (The pic on their "About Us" page was stolen from a blog that credited the image to Forbes Magazine. It's a stock photo.)

Note that their "About Us" page claims "us-milwaukee.com is an eCommerce company that sells items—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of great people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!).

Even as we've grown rapidly in just a handful of years, we've worked hard to foster a unique company culture built on transparency, collaboration, and innovation."

I'm curious how an eCommerce company that only sells a handful of items can have been in business for "a handful of years" yet their website is only 4 days old.

So if you want to order through them go ahead but they aren't affiliated with Milwaukee Tools so you're taking your chances...

Reactions: WFDMilo

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
I'd guess it's a fraudulent website. I'd avoid them based on the content referenced above. Saving $10 on drill to never receive a drill isn't actually saving. Avoid the headache. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
be careful and check out reviews if possible. I ordered a couple of tools from a sight and never received them. I had to fight with PAYPAl to get a refund, that was the only accepted payment allowed.
I ordered the tools and received a conformational email with shipping info showing they shipped the day before I ordered them.
Old saying too good to be true usually is. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have ordered some Milwaukee tools from Home depot. I have been happy with the price and servfice.
I do the same thing too, for years, works out well.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
244 Posts
My local hardware store (2 blocks from my home) is usually with 5% of online prices for Milwaukee tools. Sometimes they are even lower priced than the best I find online. They also understand the difference between homeowner and professional lines of tools. Sometimes it does not matter, it all depends upon if the tool is for occasional or everyday use.

The best thing about my local store is that they are there when I need them. I don't mind paying an extra $5 or $10 on a $150 tool once in a while to have "instant access" to all the hardware items I need from a business which has all those "odd things" you can only find at an old-time hardware store, I would hate to wait 2 days for, or pay shipping on a $2 hand full of bolts and nuts when I need them "now."

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
My local hardware store (2 blocks from my home) is usually with 5% of online prices for Milwaukee tools. Sometimes they are even lower priced than the best I find online. They also understand the difference between homeowner and professional lines of tools. Sometimes it does not matter, it all depends upon if the tool is for occasional or everyday use.

The best thing about my local store is that they are there when I need them. I don't mind paying an extra $5 or $10 on a $150 tool once in a while to have "instant access" to all the hardware items I need from a business which has all those "odd things" you can only find at an old-time hardware store, I would hate to wait 2 days for, or pay shipping on a $2 hand full of bolts and nuts when I need them "now."
I agree by local if its close. the last Milwaukee i bought was the M12 Rivet tool. #2550-20. I bought it at Farm and Fleet online and drove to the back dock to get it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have quite a few M18 platform tools , as others have said Amazon, eBay and Home Depot , but I have found decent deals locally at my hardware store and my local napa also has a large selection! I found my best deals on eBay .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.