Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking and my friend and I want to try and find one of these. I already have the markets in place with my pumpkins. Does anyone know where to find one of these things? They make those real small bales they sell for $10 at the grocery store. The bales probably only weigh two pounds.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Small Farm Innovators has them. They're crazy expensive so you'd better be able to sell a LOT of bales! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
A two pound bale could easily be made by hand,,
Build the "baling chute", stuff the bale, tie the baling twine,, be sure to use a square knot.

I have seen this on YouTube,,,

At $10 per bale,, ,make 2,000 bales, then you can buy ANY baler with cash. :good2:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Small electric baler

I've seen a small electric baler with a hand tie. Effectively it was just a plunger and a chute with a holder for the twine. You put the twine in place, pushed the hay into the plunger feed and when it was full you tied the knots. Not fast but you could probably do 25 bales or so an hour. At $10 a bale/ that's better pay than most of us will ever get.

Treefarmer

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I'll look into that. We sell our regular small squares for $3 each and they weigh about 40#. People like the decorative stuff though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts