Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject is minimum length feasible for hauling 1025r TLB.. I've read through the post on trailering a 1025r TLB .Its all good information but I still have not develop a justifiable concept on practical minimum length. I want to use the trailer for other uses, trash to land fill, mulch for landscaping, etc. I would like to pull it behind tractor to spread mulch in yard. Would rather not take it down to the cross roads to turn it around. Using for tractor transport to dealer no more than 50 mile round trip. That being said. Removal of bucket for transportation could I get by with 12 foot tandem? Maybe backing on trailer? Appreciate any feedback. Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have a 14 foot enclosed trailer that I haul mine to the dealer with and it just fits when I have the loader and backhoe on.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm not sure you really want the 'minimum length', right? 16' is the optimal length.
X2 with Tim. 16' lets you balance the load of the tractor front to rear.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
X2 with Tim. 16' lets you balance the load of the tractor front to rear.

Doug
OP, I was doing research on a trailer back in late fall.
I too just wanted what I needed and didn’t want to get carried away and end up with “too much trailer”.
I have a TLB as well but with the blower attached is quite long and you cannot lift it over the front rail of a trailer like you can with a FEL.
If I wanted to bring the blower in for service then I needed it attached to the tractor and did not want to be forced to take off my backhoe just to fit the tractor and blower on a shorter trailer.

I went with a 16’ in the end and am very happy with the choice.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I have a 14' dual axle utility trailer. With the BH and FEL attached, the tractor will not fit with the FEL lowered. I have to a haul it with the bucket raised above the ramp gate.
So, if you want to haul the tractor with the BH and FEL attached and be able to lower the bucket to the floor of the trailer, 16' is minimum.

I also have a 12' long dump trailer. I can get the 1025R in the dump trailer with the FEL and Heavy Hitch 3 point weight bar attached, but the FEL must be kept raised and hangs out over the rear of the trailer and the heavy hitch weight bar must be lifted so that it is above the front.

IMO, I don't think it is practical to have one trailer to haul the tractor on and also use the same trailer to pull around the yard to do yard work. A 16' trailer is way to long to use for yard work.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have a 14 foot enclosed trailer that I haul mine to the dealer with and it just fits when I have the loader and backhoe on.
I forgot to mention that I have to have the backhoe cocked off to one side in order for it to fit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought my 1025 TLB + trailer as a package deal. It's a 16+2 trailer (16ft flat + 2ft ramp). It is a bit large for the tractor, but the cost difference between that and a smaller one is negligible. That, and I want to be able to pull a car home now and then.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 14ft trailer and although I can fit everything on it, I have to have the loader hang off if I have my grader blade on at the same time. I agree that 16ft seems to be the right size. In the future I will be getting a 20ft with 5000lb axles as its so easy to overload a trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm purchasing a 16ft RICE Car Hauler with 2ft Beavertail, dual braking 3500lb axles with built-in toolbox and tie downs.

Will look like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
The information in this thread helped me pick my trailer. Thanks everyone! The trailer is 83” inches x 16' feet. It is rated for 10,000 lbs and has self-adjusting brakes on all 4 wheels, LED lights, tool box, and lots of tie-down points including 4 D-rings.

c8d12s5.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
The information in this thread helped me pick my trailer. Thanks everyone! The trailer is 83” inches x 16' feet. It is rated for 10,000 lbs and has self-adjusting brakes on all 4 wheels, LED lights, tool box, and lots of tie-down points including 4 D-rings.

Nice trailer. Is it rated 10,000 GVWR or 9,990 GVWR?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice trailer. Is it rated 10,000 GVWR or 9,990 GVWR?
Thank you.

It's 10K GVWR. I think the trailer weighs around 3,000 lbs, so that should give me an estimated 7,000 lbs of cargo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I posted a picture of the frontside yesterday, but not the backside. If you zoom in, you'll see the doors that house each ramp. I really like the seamless dovetail, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts