Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a HF quick hitch a few months ago. I rarely have taken my by off since I've gotten my 4310 together and running. Bit I figured on the rare occasion I have it off, I'd like to try a quick hitch to attach my ballast weight onto. I've read plenty on the need for bushings on most quick hitches. So as I was building my ballast weight holder, I came up with the idea to bend up some pieces of 1/4" flat stock and weld them into the quick hitch hooks. I'm sure this isn't something new and others probably have done the same thing. But I figured I share anyways.
Wood Grass Gas Water Automotive tire
Wood Grass Gas Water Automotive tire
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Grass Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Grass Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I picked up a HF quick hitch a few months ago. I rarely have taken my by off since I've gotten my 4310 together and running. Bit I figured on the rare occasion I have it off, I'd like to try a quick hitch to attach my ballast weight onto. I've read plenty on the need for bushings on most quick hitches. So as I was building my ballast weight holder, I came up with the idea to bend up some pieces of 1/4" flat stock and weld them into the quick hitch hooks. I'm sure this isn't something new and others probably have done the same thing. But I figured I share anyways. View attachment 819492 View attachment 819492 View attachment 819493 View attachment 819493
That's a good idea!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I picked up a HF quick hitch a few months ago. I rarely have taken my by off since I've gotten my 4310 together and running. Bit I figured on the rare occasion I have it off, I'd like to try a quick hitch to attach my ballast weight onto. I've read plenty on the need for bushings on most quick hitches. So as I was building my ballast weight holder, I came up with the idea to bend up some pieces of 1/4" flat stock and weld them into the quick hitch hooks. I'm sure this isn't something new and others probably have done the same thing. But I figured I share anyways. View attachment 819492 View attachment 819492 View attachment 819493 View attachment 819493
That's a nice mod. 👍

Reactions: Belair.jim

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
620 Posts
I have a Land Pride quick hitch that required Cat 1 to Cat 2 spacers.

I bent up some 1/8" strap in my hydraulic press (using 7/8" rod to form the bend) and TIG welded the strap into the lower arms. I did something similar for the top hook using 3/4" rod to form the bend.

It sure feels good to be able to take those crummy spacers off all my implements and to never have to buy any more!

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Land Pride quick hitch that required Cat 1 to Cat 2 spacers.

I bent up some 1/8" strap in my hydraulic press (using 7/8" rod to form the bend) and TIG welded the strap into the lower arms. I did something similar for the top hook using 3/4" rod to form the bend.

It sure feels good to be able to take those crummy spacers off all my implements and to never have to buy any more!

View attachment 825596
Looks good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts