Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit up front, I read the directions included with my order carefully, but went ahead and painted the hooks before installing anyway. So, maybe this is common knowledge but here's my little installation tip: think about the location of your tractor when drilling. Now, I don't mean where on the loader you put the hooks, I mean where the tractor is sitting.

I was drilling the holes for some loader-mount hooks while sitting in my driveway, and mid-way through drilling the second set of holes I realized what I was doing: sharp metal chips all over the dirt driveway where our cars drive, where my son rides his bike, where we often walk barefoot. Argh. Pulled out the shop vac and sucked up a whole bunch of dirt in the driveway just so I could be sure to get all of the metal chips. For the backhoe clevis I did the work in the garage where I could easily sweep up the cement floor after completing the job.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,401 Posts
Telescopic Magnetic Pick-Up Tool at Home Depot. At about $10.00 it makes for a good deal.

b229dd81-ea69-4954-86ca-d52cff5ad7ad_400.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts