Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new 2720 owner, having bought a 2009 unit just a month ago. I have successfully detached and attached the loader numerous times. But, I have screwed up this time. When I attempted to attach the loader, something must not have been level or aligned. One side lined up fine, but the other side just would not engage properly. I attempted to wiggle the front end around, and i extended and retracted the bucket arms a bit to try to get it aligned. To no avail. And, then it got worse. The right side is properly engaged and the heavy clamp dropped into place. But the left side is badly misaligned such that the support bar that wraps around the front cowling is off the to right and is resting on the steel bar that protects the front of the engine cowling. It's dark now so i cannot take a picture. Has anyone ever had this problem and can offer any suggestions?

·
Administrator
21,501 Posts
I would carefully detach the right latch and the hydraulics and then re-align the tractor and try again if you can. Preferably in the day so you can see what's going on. Was it not level? Having an area where the tractor and loader are on the same plane is very helpful, level is best.

Oh and by the way, :wgtt:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Rick,

It kind of sounds from your description that it might not be so much that the tractor is on very uneven ground, but that the tractor didn't go straight into the loader to hook up and the loader is angled off to the left. If that is the case, I would definitely try to unlatch the right side, but if it won't unlatch than carefully and slowly back straight up and see if it pulls the loader into better alignment with the tractor so you can either unlatch the right side and try again, or get the left side to latch. I have had my loader off on some pretty uneven ground and have always been able to get it to latch by carefully operating the hydraulics to raise and lower the loader (it just moves the loader back and forth if it isn't fully engaged to the tractor frame). The only time it gives me trouble is if I didn't pull in straight in alignment with the loader.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,320 Posts
:munch:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had this happen on another tractor I used to won that was harder to connect the loader.

Like Jason said see if you can un-attach the side latched in. reposition the tractor straight into the loader and hook up the hydraulics. You will probably need to reinstall the side that you can and then cycle the hydraulics to get the "uprights" in sync. The fact that the loader stand it connected to the arms makes it challenging. My old loader the stand did not move with the loader so I was able to retract the uprights to sync them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts